Juddering

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

A quick question, over the last few days i have noticed that when at idle the engine appears to be juddering, any ideas what the cause could be.

Regards

Tan

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
has it been serviced recently ? You're not due for new spark plugs or anything . . . ?

Seem to remember that the last car I had this problem with had a dodgy alternator . . . . could be any number of things, I guess.

S.

OP
OP
Tan

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
It had a service a couple of months back, i have been using Shell Optimax dunno if thats done something. A mate said it was possibly the fuel filter, but guess it could be loads of things

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
Optimax did all manner of weird and wacky things to my previous car . . really upset the engine management system. It may be that it has just given the engine a good clean and dislodged loads of muck, which could be clogging things up (very technical explanation !) . . . or could be just your car getting used to it, being a higher RON rating.

S.

OP
OP
Tan

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
I like technical explanations like that... that way i understand. If it is the optimax may be i should go back to normal unleaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom