Juddering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

A quick question, over the last few days i have noticed that when at idle the engine appears to be juddering, any ideas what the cause could be.

Regards

Tan

has it been serviced recently ? You're not due for new spark plugs or anything . . . ?

Seem to remember that the last car I had this problem with had a dodgy alternator . . . . could be any number of things, I guess.

S.

It had a service a couple of months back, i have been using Shell Optimax dunno if thats done something. A mate said it was possibly the fuel filter, but guess it could be loads of things

Optimax did all manner of weird and wacky things to my previous car . . really upset the engine management system. It may be that it has just given the engine a good clean and dislodged loads of muck, which could be clogging things up (very technical explanation !) . . . or could be just your car getting used to it, being a higher RON rating.

S.

I like technical explanations like that... that way i understand. If it is the optimax may be i should go back to normal unleaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom