Jump Start a VW Polo from my W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodle-Pulp

Car
C250CGI, previous C230 Coupe, SLK200, C200 Coupe
Hi

This may have been covered but I don't have a lot of time to go back to find it, please can anyone tell me if and how I'd need to jump start a VW Polo from my (2007) W203?

Many thanks
NP.

I might be wrong but im sure I read that you should never use a modern merc to jump start any car as it can fry the electronics?

My last car, an R32 Golf, was used to jump a friends Civic. It developed a misfire an hour later which turned out to be the ECU, damaged by the jump start. £1300 it cost in total and I will never jump start another car with mine. Call the AA, I don't care coz I ain't helping! lol

There should be jump terminals in the engine bay, but you should never connect direct to the battery.

203s are very susceptible to blowing the SAM through jump starting

Thanks for the feedback/advice, we used the Breakdown cover supplied with the insurance in the end.. (no this is not some spammy insure with ....... post lol)
:)

I jumped started my Mitsubishi directly from the battery terminals on my 2003 320cdi about six months ago and nothing broke! Lucky perhaps?

I seem to remember from somewhere, possibly on here even, that the 'donor car' should not have its engine running when jump starting another. Something to do with two sets of ECUs and regulators fighting each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom