Jupiter red

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saff

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Audi A8 D4 4.2 TDI W246 B180 CDI Sport
Hi, swmbo has just bought a B180 sport. I drove it home and am very impressed at just how nice a car it is.

Its in Jupiter Red which really suits.

Would anyone have any suggestions for a good polish for this colour? I already have dodo juice wax to finish.

Cheers

Ha, I assumed there would be a red equivalent of Poorboy's black hole which I use on my obsidian black W211.

I'll go with Autoglym and the dodo juice.

You omit to say whether you intend hand polishing or using a machine polisher. You haven't indicated the current condition of the paintwork or what you hope to achieve. All this limits the advice which can be given.

If we assume you will be polishing by hand I would suggest you just try and fake it as successful scratch and swirl removal on on Mercedes paint will require a ridiculous level of dedication. After a fallout decontamination and claying, I'd hit it with some of this then slap your wax on top:

50.CAL Cover-up Filler Glaze

Thanks for the replies guys and maybe showing off my total lack of detailing knowledge here.

The B class is 3 years old and mint far the obligatory couple of stone chips on the nose.

The paint is swirl-free and excellent. I was just asking if there were any recommendations for red paint care as I know it has a tendency to fade with time. As previously mentioned I will top off a polish with Dodo juice wax.

I will be hand polishing by the way.

Since your paint is in excellent condition there is no need for a corrective polish but it will benefit from a thorough cleansing. Red paint does tend to show oxidisation quicker than other colours so there is an advantage to crisping it up a little after 3 years of UV exposure. Autoglym SRP will certainly give the results you require since it contains very mild abrasives, filler and protection all in the one bottle but these days it is considered older technology. If you want to try something a little newer and esoteric I'd steer you to Autofinesse Tripple. This is also an all-in-one polish but leaves the surface with a carnauba-based protectant which makes it perfect for accepting your Dodo Juice wax as the last stage protection.

Autofinesse Tripple at Polished Bliss £8 delivered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom