Just about to buy £1.5-£2k to spend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuntman

Car
Looking at c270 cdi's
Hi guys, I need a little help

Realistically what could I get for the above budget?

I need diesel and estate due to growing family

E320 cdi w210 for that money

C270 cdi pre facelift

Depends what you fancy really.

Volvo v70, I was looking for a merc to match my SL, in that price range you'll get a much newer car with less milage, and more than likely a better car all round.

I'm just trying to read up about the pros and cons of each

I'm liking the E series

I had a C270 04 plate, replaced it with a Volvo V70 T5 - The Volvo is a much better car and a cheaper, about 4 years ago I bought one for only £1450 and apart from a dodgy throttle body needing a clean it want brilliantly for 2 years. The C270 was a whole lot more trouble and a lot more expensive. The T5 had 240bhp and the turbo was great.

The W210 E series is a rust bucket on wheels. Lovely cars let down by MB's use of polar bear friendly paint.

My suggestions were only Mercedes but in my opinion for £2k Volvo v70's are the better options.

I've had 16 volvos the V70 is an awesome car particularly in T5 form. But if you don't need the cargo room then an S60 T5 will give you more bang for your buck

Volvo a much better bet at this money than MB. None of my volvos ever had anything exept a rear wheel bearing on a V70 T5 at 205,000 miles that car was awesome mapped to 300 bhp

I did consider the volvos as I drive them for work but really like the e series

I did consider the volvos as I drive them for work but really like the e series

May be good and well spending £1.5 to £2k on a merc... But if let goes wrong you can easily spend that again on repairs before you know it.

I would stick to something as new as you can get for max space..

If going for a v70 then check cam belt and tensioner has been replaced at the correct interval

Also check rear pads as they can disintegrate and really foul your day up

I've had lots of Volvos on the trot and they are much more reliable than mercs, my 2011 xc70 has almost 100k on the clock with just one split turbo pipe early in it's life as an issue

Try to find a manual at geartronic valve bodies not great, also mpg of manual much better

Consider non turbo petrol for proper reliability, not much less economical than auto diesel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom