Just been Laid off - Decided to setup a car detailing business

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had some goodies arrive today, Bilt Hamber regular clay bar & Korrosol, another Farecla G3 clay mitt, a Rupes yellow Medium wool polishing pad, Sonax cutmax, a Spear & Jackson pressure washer with snow foam bottle, a paint depth gauge as used by Sandro @ Car Craft Auto Detailing, and i am just about to order a little Karcher wet & dry Vac called the WD2, the reviews say its worth a try and it costs next to nothing.

Got a few other other surprises on the way

I bought the WD3p recently and love it. I bought it from the outlet as I do for all karcher items as the savings are good. I generally take the extended warranty but have never used it.
Don’t bother with the car nozzle though. It is rubbish unless you modify it. The end closes up due to the vacuum so I glued a penny in there to support it which works well.

More than anything else just now, for a new business, the most important aspect is building a customer base.

The more you have the more potential there is, so I would look at volume initially, then once you have enough customers other things will kick on from there.

The aerospace industry is one of the worst hit sectors in employment, Rolls Royce just laid off up to 9000 skilled workers, they were our main client, as a result, my job is kaput.

I still have my SIA licence so i have fallen back on that for regular work for the time being, but its not what i want in the long term, so i have decided to do what i enjoy doing, cleaning cars, already had a few jobs from word of mouth and really pleased with the feedback ive had so im going in balls deep.

Admin if its ok i`ll post a link to my facebook business page, if its not ok please delete as appropriate, many thanks.

Your URL doesn't work for facebook page ? Whats the best way to contact ?

Best of luck matey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom