Just bought a 1992 R129 300SL-24, 49k miles, import.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clueless

I have just this week bought a 1992 R129 300SL-24 as my replacement car after selling my SLK earlier. Located in Epsom, Surrey.

Is anyone with a similar car able to advise me / assist / look it over as I am new to the classic car game?

Hi Clueless,

Welcome to R129 ownership. I know someone with a concours winning 300-24 who could advise you on specific points, though if you need any other advice I'm based in Kingston and would be interested in seeing your car.

Thanks.

Have dropped the car off at Bill Schraeder's in Billericay for an inspection & service. Am waiting for his report but initial impressions are quite good.

Clueless,

That's usually done the other way around - inspection, then purchase. Did it work out OK?

Sounds nice mate.
Hope it all goes well in the service dept.
Welcome to SL ownership, you know it makes sense!!

Well, what do you expect from someone who uses the nick ???

neilrr said:
Clueless,

That's usually done the other way around - inspection, then purchase. Did it work out OK?

LOL, was an impulse buy at auction, I went expecting to buy a CLK / S class saloon / other convertible but lets just say the economics of this made a compelling case.

A few minor fixes needed to my eye, all Bill has said at the moment is that I wasnt robbed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom