Just bought a CLK 320 CDI - *pics*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Correct, the BT music function doesn't work on these Comand units

Okay I've pretty much got my head around the phone problem and what I'm going to do so thanks :thumb:

Last stupid question..

this one really is silly sorry :sorry:

Whats the difference between these two?
i reset them both and they both kinda do the same thing so what does each one actually mean/do?

Cheers

After start will automatically reset after every engine start. The other must be manually reset. Good for tracking mpg over a whole tank for example.

the first pic 'After start' shows your journey info the second pic 'After reset' shows data from when the last time that screen has ever been reset.

So...whenever it was last reset presumably from the garage/seller when you bought it, you have covered 26 miles in 39 minutes of driving with an average speed of 40mph.

The later data is good for tracking fuel fill ups but only press it once. If you hold the reset for more than two seconds or so it will wipe your reading of 531.1. this is your overall mileage. I reset the bottom mileage reading after every service and let it turn over 6 - 8k. I don't really wait till the service indicator comes on as i stick to a once a year service routine.

Car is looking par with the MPG shown so all is looking well!

Last edited:
On mine - admittedly 2003 - the "after start" function resets if the engine is not run for 4 hours. Not at every engine start.

After start will automatically reset after every engine start.

I've noticed that if I've driven somewhere and return to the car after an hour or 2 it doesn't reset itself and carries on where it left off? The same is true for my c200k coupe?

Havn't got a bean what the w124 does! :D

If i return to the cars after say 4-5 hours then it stars from zero again.

Isn't it supposed to be this way? Every engine start would mean i I've taken a 200 mile trip up north filled up some petrol, started her up again and my trip reads zero again!

Sorry, I must be confusing models, my W220 definitely resets after every start(unless you tap the reset button within the first 2 minutes), I thought the 209 did as well but must be wrong. I know the 210 does as you describe as well...

V12 said:
Sorry, I must be confusing models, my W220 definitely resets after every start(unless you tap the reset button within the first 2 minutes), I thought the 209 did as well but must be wrong. I know the 210 does as you describe as well...

No, the W209 After Start doesn't reset straight away each time you start up to a few hours and I believe the same delay is in the w204 and W212

thanks for all your help one more stupid question...

by the gear stick is a button with S and C on it.
when you press it it changes on the dash etc

i assume one is sport and the other is...? comfort, cruise?
cheers :thumb:

legend thank you

so what what does it change?
just the way the gear box runs or anything more like suspension etc?

Cheers

legend thank you

so what what does it change?
just the way the gear box runs or anything more like suspension etc?

Cheers

In the nicest possible way - all of your questions are answered in the manual you know :D

C - is the old Winter mode, starts in 2nd and has slower gear changes.

the more i see these the better they look!! love the colour combo looks a great car.enjoy

As said, C is Comfort and S is for Standard or Sport, depending on which model handbook you have. Mercedes seemed to have used both S designations on various models.

If you don't have a user manual, you can check the basics using the USA online manual site. There may be differences with some of the content, but the basics are the same.
Mercedes-Benz - Home of C, E, S, CLS, CL, SLK, SL, R, GLK, M, GL, G Class

C comfort, S sport or standard
Comfort pulls away in second and changes the gears lower in the rev range (I think it uses first at hard throttle / kick down)
Sport pulls away in first and changes the gears at higher revs
I don't think anything else is changed on the CLK with these modes

Talking of gearbox modes, I'd have expected Comfort to give better MPG, but I found it worse (only a couple of MPG) than Sport.

quick question please what is my car's W___?

i'm new sorry but I've noticed W208 W209 etc

what would mine be? 2005 facelift model CLK 320 CDI

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom