Just bought a sl500 1996

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shaze30

Car
sl500/c43 amg
Guys just bought a 1996 SL500

Below are some details about it-

1996 sl500
Silver
Red and black leather (2 tone)
Has silver arrow badges on wings
Needs front bumper
Needs bodywork
Needs fuel pump

Has been sitting on a ramp for several years

I had a quick look around it today when i went to drop the guy some money off

It has a stainless steel roundel exhaust
Amg type later sideskirts
I think early type amg rear bumper

My questions are that is this just a made up car with silver arrow bits as i thought silver arrows only came in 2000 onwards

Also whats with the 2 tone interior? Never seen that before.

Its getting delivered to me hopefully after christmas

I did take a couple of pics but dont know how to upload

The two tone interior is (I think) Designo - I can't really answer the other questions.

Pop your VIN into the decode thread and someone will decode for you hopefully

uw66Ts9t.jpg

onAcRJYt.jpg
b3lSzQUt.jpg

yzFBXmBt.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics

The two tone interior is (I think) Designo - I can't really answer the other questions.

Pop your VIN into the decode thread and someone will decode for you hopefully

Thanks will do as soon as i get the car in my workshop

Hi 'shaze30', looks like it could be an interesting rebuild. Keep us all informed as you go along, and plenty of pictures please :thumb:

Good luck, Matt.

mattk1 said:
Hi 'shaze30', looks like it could be an interesting rebuild. Keep us all informed as you go along, and plenty of pictures please :thumb: Good luck, Matt.

Hi matt

Yeh cant wait to be honest
After being in the bmw game along time which i still am i always wanted one of these

Already bought the wheels for it

Will post some more pics as soon as i get the car

Interesting car, sounds like it's been upgraded with parts from various sources ... possibly cars that were being broken.

There was a 1995 'Mille Miglia' special edition that had the black & red leather seats. But different badging and wheels. The Silver Arrow edition was much later (2002).

BTB 500 said:
Interesting car, sounds like it's been upgraded with parts from various sources ... possibly cars that were being broken. There was a 1995 'Mille Miglia' special edition that had the black & red leather seats. But different badging and wheels. The Silver Arrow edition was much later (2002).

Thanks mate

Hopefully should get it after the new year now
Will post up some more pics

Nice! That'll be an exciting little project

Shaze30 hey man I remember you from the zone. You had a stunning white cab yeah? All the best with the sl they are lovely cars

Hey mabz hows it going?

Yeh cant wait to start on this one
What about you what you got now?

Yeah good mate ta had quite a few motors since the e30's had a couple of r129's and 190e cosworth's. still have a 190e cosworth ummed and aarghed about selling/restoring at the minute its laid up and I'm collecting bits and bobs for it so its slowly coming along.
Do you still have your e30 mate you'll have to stick a photo up it was tops ;)

Interior sounds like Mille Miglia for sure....

It has the remains of a Gen2 AMG kit being those side skirts....May take a while to get the correct front bumper though.

Looks look a worthwhile project for sure!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom