Just bought an 18 year old SLK 320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No xenons, AMG kit etc.. even with the low mileage not sure why anyone would pay that much. It’s probably been standing a long time. Cars are meant to be driven.

That looks like they've checked out CL prices instead of CLK by mistake

Good for you. Nothing like kicking a man when he's down.

I did feel bad, but I’m not going to pay ove the odds for something. He had it advertised on eBay, Facebook, all over. I turned up, drove it, liked it and said I’ll give you 3k theee and then Pitt. because I don’t think it’s worth 3.5k and he snapped my hand off. Had the car suddenly started going wrong, me being me, I wouldn’t knock on his door asking for my money back or g the toss because that’s business. Myself and the gentleman I bought it off did business the right way I feel. So err, get off your high horse or whatever it is you are on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abb
Anyway...

Been out in it all day, nice weather here on Tyneside and boy it’s fun and what I love about it although it has electric seats, cruise control and AC, it’s actually very basic. The interior is nice on the eye, but very plasticky, Id say my old MX5 which was also a 2000 model had a better quality of cab in terms of the materials used. Steering is very good though, kind of heavy, but I like that and it’s quiet when the roof is up. I can see why the boots leak, the gap between the panels compared to say the bonnet are huge. Noticed another rust spot near the front bumper high aah to the wing and a slight ding in the roof panel, but for 3k, who cares. The engine... nice. It pulls superbly through all gears, 0-30 in first, 30-60 in 2nd and then 5th and 6th all the way to the red line. It’s kind of low mind for the speed bumps and has a hard ride, but that’s what I want in a sports car. Love it.

Photo from today...

2mh5rhe.jpg

Looks cracking. Still love the fact you can buy a v6 Mercedes sports car for £3k. A lot of car for the cash! Enjoy!

I know, it’s kind of madness. I look at my SLK and yes it has a rust spot here or there or a little ding etc. but for an 18 year old car... it’s a bargain as a package, a V6 with all that power and torque. Already I’ve had a few people say “lovely car” and while I’m a bit self conscious driving it given I’m almost 6ft and these kind of cars are usually driven by women, when I’m behind that wheel I don’t care. I highly recommend them. Mind given my height, it’s roomy inside and doesn’t feel like a small little car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom