Just bought Integrated Automotive Apple Car Play unit - next to fit it!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry I know this is an old thread, but looking at doing exactly this myself. I have some quick questions:
  • I have a 2016 S205 C350e, there is no AUX input & it's not on the Media options, so I presume I will also need to buy an OBD Aux enabler? Does the audio then have to be plugged-in & routed via the USB port in the centre storage?
  • Same as yourself I have the Burmeister Audio system, is the sound quality just as good now that it's via USB Aux?
  • I see you fitted a new Mic, whilst someone else just used the existing MB Mic. Does this just depend on the unit spec as to whether you can use existing Mic or not?
Hi, somewhere I still have the OBD aux enabler. Let me know if you would like it as a cheap option. Burmeister sound is as good as ever, via wireless, not usb aux - all CP is done by wireless link to the supplied box. Good luck.

Hi, somewhere I still have the OBD aux enabler. Let me know if you would like it as a cheap option. Burmeister sound is as good as ever, via wireless, not usb aux - all CP is done by wireless link to the supplied box. Good luck.
Thanks for replying & confirming the Burmeister sound isn't affected, I love the sound quality! Also very good of you to offer your OBD Aux enabler, however I've already ordered one from AliExpress, thanks anyway.

So I’ve now got the CarPlay module & I’ve activated the Aux with the OBD enabler. Just one question before I install:

- do I still need to run the included Aux cable from the CarPlay wiring harness to the USB port in the centre storage/arm rest? A couple of videos I’ve watched seemed to suggest you don’t need to do this if Aux is enabled.

So I’ve now got the CarPlay module & I’ve activated the Aux with the OBD enabler. Just one question before I install:

- do I still need to run the included Aux cable from the CarPlay wiring harness to the USB port in the centre storage/arm rest? A couple of videos I’ve watched seemed to suggest you don’t need to do this if Aux is enabled.
Not sure. I would imagine that the aux enabler allows direct input via the quad lock in the back of the unit so the cable may be unnecessary. That may be Comand units and not Audio 20/50 units, though.

However, you can probably connect it all up before screwing everything in place and test it before taking the extra steps to run the aux lead through the centre console.

We fit/sell the IA box, its the best of the lot, and great UK support from the chap who designed it.

R
Can you send me details for Audio 20 NTG7 but it is really NTG4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom