Just bought my first MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy07

Car
C class Amg line
Hi Guys
This is my first post .
I have just bought my first MB . It’s a C class 2015 1.6 diesel AMG premium line 29K miles .I have had the car for
5 weeks and had it back to dealer 4 times for Engine management lights. First time Knock Sensor . Then 4 software updates and then yesterday the lower knock sensor .
When I use the breaks at very low speed and pulling up at junctions there is a lowed break binding noise. Is all of this normal ? Or have I bought a lemon . Was think maybe
I should return the car for a different one. But I absolutely love this car

I would just be patient and persistent with the dealer. Sounds like they are sorting out the problems. These are lovely cars so stick with it and I’m sure it will settle down and give you many happy miles.

I had a similar experience with my 2012 C class. In the first few weeks of ownership I had a sensor warning involving some misinformation about the front wheels so I took it to the dealer I bought it from and they said that the warning light had to be active for them to diagnose it (the problem was intermittent and was not warning at time of going to dealership) so I drove it a lot over the next few days and put a lot of miles in and the problem has not happened since, this may or may not be your experience but that was mine. If you still have problems then google MB independent garages and please don’t make the same mistakes I made in trusting an inferior garage

Hi Guys
This is my first post .
I have just bought my first MB . It’s a C class 2015 1.6 diesel AMG premium line 29K miles .I have had the car for
5 weeks and had it back to dealer 4 times for Engine management lights. First time Knock Sensor . Then 4 software updates and then yesterday the lower knock sensor .
When I use the breaks at very low speed and pulling up at junctions there is a lowed break binding noise. Is all of this normal ? Or have I bought a lemon . Was think maybe
I should return the car for a different one. But I absolutely love this car
Yes, return it and get one with brakes.

Personally I'd of taken it back already 5 times in 5 weeks is not acceptable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom