Just bought my first Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Highlander2df

Car
C200 Kompressor 2002
Hi there from sunny CYPRUS where I have just bought my first Mercedes C200 Kompressor (W203).
Really enjoy driving it but have an annoying noise from what I think is coming from behind the dashboard. Will have a look through the forums and see if anyone with the same problem.

Sorry don't have a solution, but these might be things to look at

My daughters 2002 C200K had an intermittent buzzing noise behind the dash when she purchased it. There were two things that were fixed and the noise stopped but we don't know which was the cure.

The first thing was the stereo to phone connection that was also causing battery drain. The second was that there was something lose behind the wheel arch, but according to the mechanic it sounded as if it was behind the dash.

If it's clicking on start up, it's your stepper motors.

Welcome.

Noise behind dashboard

Thanks guys
The noise is only when I'm moving and increases in volume when I turn steering to right, goes quiet when ki tire to the left.
Have heard that sometimes the clips on the handbrake cable break and rub against the prop shaft ? or the levers on the stepper motors crack and the noise comes from them.
Have tried switching off everything to do with aircon etc but noise is still there.
When I a man sitting still and have the aircon on etc then there is no noise ?
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom