Just bought my SL500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IMD

Car
1997 SL500
Hi all,

Just purchased today!

Going to spend the next week detailing and getting the car even cleaner! Now just have to empty the garage and find somewhere for the hard top!

As you can see the wheels are AMG replicas. It originally came with AMG split rims, as I have the original sale bill....someone must have sold them to make a quick buck and replaced with these. Even so..I'm very happy!

Attachments

• Sl500 1.jpg
    Sl500 1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Sl500 2.jpg
    Sl500 2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 215
  • SL500 3.jpg
    SL500 3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 212
Gorgeous.

My dearly departed dad left behind an sl280 which my mum now drives - with the original 8 hole alloys.

Holds a very special place in my heart, does this shape SL.

That is one good looking car......enjoy.

Mic

Nice car - classic lines and still a head turner :O)

Enjoy it with the roof down as much as you can

Replica wheels or not. That is one beaut of a motor.
Don't change a thing. Except - Waxa on - Waxa off.

I knew I could count on you guys for some support! Thanks.

A quick trip to get some new bulbs then.

And then a second key from MB (gulp), then a wind deflector, then some new roof windows....

oh well...better than cash sitting in a plunging stocks and shares ISA....well, thats my justification for the purchase!

Have a good day....I haven't smiled so much when driving for ages!

Very nice that looks one hell of a nice car :thumb: Looks fantastic in that colour a classic MB :bannana:

Nice looking SL-Congratulations. There are still some sunny days ahead of us for you to enjoy.

Can you replace the plastic roof windows with glass on these? I've seen it done on Boxsters and it looks much better IMO.

I n my opinion for what it is worth,i think the r129 sl500 is one of the best cars ever made i love mine
Richard

Can you replace the plastic roof windows with glass on these? I've seen it done on Boxsters and it looks much better IMO.

Sadly not, due to the way it folds up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom