Just bought our first AMG (E55 W211)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I shall call tomorrow the dealer and check the pricing and availability :) Cheers guys much appreciated.
Cannot wait until the 1st of the month to tax and start driving lol

OK Aux battery replaced, boght one from MB dealer at £83.00 this sorted out the battery warning on the dash :) and everything is back to normal.
Problem is .... it was not working before either, the washer jets for the windscreen. It does not even make any noise what so ever.
The washers for the lights are working fine.
But the windscreen washers nope... they do not make a single noise. I have checked for fuses, but cannot find any reference to washers.
Should I start looking for a used washer motor?

Washer motor buddy in the water tank, nsf wheel arch housing. 2 pumps there, 1 for the headlights the other for the screen.

Water pump changed nice and easy. Eurocarparts had it only £21 result :)
2a07a86f47243237b59824982d5d5be5.jpg
dfc9481020930715093856f4d2d7441c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Nice, good to see folks getting stuck in. ^

What's that slot just to bottom left of top hose? Looks strange.

I haven't noticed it until I looked at the pictures afterwards.

I shall take the wheel arch cover off tomorrow again and look into it more thoroughly.

Looks like a drain hole. A video from removing washer motor instructions from US W211 model so the opposite side than the UK model and it has the hole as well.

aacd7fcc5c25b67ed3a922f4c689b661.jpg

Looks like a drain hole. A video from removing washer motor instructions from US W211 model so the opposite side than the UK model and it has the hole as well.

Cheers, never noticed that before.

She had her weekend pampering :) inside out and washed the engine as well.

Decided to nickname "Kong" :)
b2ce3e0f7fdbbbe13b1b1c94d9847e1e.jpg
089bb3f3e449a473932187a7baef3429.jpg

I think you got a good buy there Buddy :)
Yeah starting to think so. :)
The chirp I can here is the clutch engagement from the compressor so doesn't bother me.
I do have a bit of hesitation around 1500rpm when gently accelerating. But when pushing it harder it flies.

Yes mine does the chirp thing, and i also get hesitation around 1,800 i think thats normal due to the S/c engaging. :)

I didnt used to get any chirp on my Black E55k but that was down to it having a BWK

I had the chirp, quick temp remedy, 60 grit paper hold firm with canvas gloves & slide it into the gap between clutch face's while on tick over. All good for awhile .

Kinda nice sitting in a 14yr old car knowing that most things exotic at the lights or on the move ,unless stupid, really don't want to tangle with you lol.
You might get the youngsters trying to bait you just to see how it goes away from them, then you'll be in a queue or at the garage getting fuel you'll notice people looking some nudging the other telling them about "That" car...I had a few people pop over & chat about , I German guy who was vastly impressed. Enjoy it & it dont count unless you get under 9 mpg...

Indeed :)
I was under the impression that little crappy battery lol the FIAMM which is located infront of the windscreen passenger side was mainly for the SBC braking module as back up power?

In effect, yes, but on a W211 it's a secondary (aux as you subsequently stated) battery which backs up the main battery which supports all functions of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom