Just bought our first AMG (E55 W211)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greekCL

Car
Mercedes E55 W211 (2004), BMW 640d GC (2016), BMW 645Ci (2004), Mini Cooper D (2008))
Hello guys,

Well needed to cut down on the cards so sold 2, the Saab 95 HOT Aero and the Mercedes CLS500. Although I totally loved the looks of the CLS, I needed to let go as I barely used it, since we bought the BMW 640d GranCoupe it was strange having two of the same "style cars"

Anyway ... so today at the auction there was a W211 E55 AMG, with only 94500 miles, ultimately a 2003 car registered Jan 2004.

We managed to get it at a reasonable price and drove it back home. Amazed with the pure sheer power of the thing... flying literally.

Now I need to check the inside outside condition of everything thoroughly.
The Battery warning is on, but it all seems it is the battery I read DTC9092 fault code, and loads of undervoltage codes on various modules. So I assume this is the main 12V battery at fault.

Also I noticed there is a squeak noise coming from the rear when I accelerate from slow speeds... this seems to go away when the car was warmed up and after about 10miles or so of traffic.
Not sure what that would be.

Below are some pictures of the car :) cannot wait to start driving :)

Cheers
Vasilis.

IMG_20180827_170542.jpg
IMG_20180827_170534.jpg
IMG_20180827_170335.jpg
IMG_20180827_175531_401.jpg

bodywork is excellent, and engine bay too. interior everything is working.
The drive door handle comfort access does not work, all others are working. So I need to budget for a replacement?

Thats a great Spec, Distronic too!

indeed and it operates properly. I was looknig for a car with many options so it would match my CLS500 more less and more.

bodywork is excellent, and engine bay too. interior everything is working.
The drive door handle comfort access does not work, all others are working. So I need to budget for a replacement?

Very brave buying a 55k at an auction! Looks like you need a new handle, around £170 painted or £120 unpainted from your dealer the last time I bought one for my CLS IIRC.

Looks like a good example BTW :)

Love it...!

If you see change out of a grand once you’ve worked in the little niggles you’ll have done well.

All the best with it, they’re a truly amazing car.

Keyless go door handles are a bit of a pain as the get water/moisture in behind the black button and fail. Replacements are about £180 and some come painted to colour some don't. I really like keyless go so replacing the handles occasionally is the price I have to pay. There is somebody who repairs them if you can do without your car for a few days. I think it was Amgeed who posted it.

+1 on being brave.

That said, subject to how much you got it for, you appear to have bought a bargain as that looks well-cared for.

I am not a huge fan of silver but that colour silver does look amazing (although I forget the name of it now although it looks more like a very light grey to me).

Good luck with it!

+1 on being brave.

That said, subject to how much you got it for, you appear to have bought a bargain as that looks well-cared for.

I am not a huge fan of silver but that colour silver does look amazing (although I forget the name of it now although it looks more like a very light grey to me).

Good luck with it!
It is Cubanite Silver, indeed it gets a bit to get used to. Not the normal silver.
Let's say it cost me the same money as a well over 100k example of eBay with much less spec.
So I have at least a couple of thousands to play with should I need to over time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

What shall I look for the radiator? or does this only affect non european models? ... something about coolant leaking in the gearbox etc? As mine is a 2003 build car.

Affects all 211's upto (54) Reg, New Rad and whilst your there i would be best to replace the Forward ATF pipes that run directly into the Rad, They are about £25 each and come with new seals.

OK my battery warning apparea to be the SBC battery ...
before I order one, is there something I need to look out for? I did some tests and seems to be a problem with the SBC and not the 12V main battery. I.e. it says the SBC hold is not available...

Cheers :)

SBC battery?

Do you mean the secondary battery?

SBC battery?

Do you mean the secondary battery?

Indeed :)
I was under the impression that little crappy battery lol the FIAMM which is located infront of the windscreen passenger side was mainly for the SBC braking module as back up power?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom