Just bought the R129 Holy Grail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EDZ649

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E55 AMG
After nearly three years of waiting finally a genuine ultra rare R129 AMG tow eye cover appeared on ebay, brand new, just needs painting! :bannana:

I'm surprised no-one is making replicas of these items! Or are they?

Might be a thought now that you have finally sourced one maybe find a company that can copy them ?

Might be a thought now that you have finally sourced one maybe find a company that can copy them ?

I would have thought so, it is about 15p of materials after all..

Good thought but not sure there is a huge market for them seeing as the kit is quite rare. The cost of getting someone to take a mould etc would be prohibitive don't you think?:)

How are you going to keep it on this time.....?

How are you going to keep it on this time.....?

There is a loop moulded into the rear of the cover that should have a plastic safety strap attached to it and the bumper.

I think I'm going to get a length of that fine stainless steel chain like you get on a sink plug and attach it to the loop with a small stainless bolt with a pair of washers to reinforce the loop. Then attach the other end to the front of the chassis.

If someone tried to pinch it there's not much I could do to stop it but to be honest the car is always garaged and it doesn't get left anywhere for very long when I'm out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom