Just bought wifey a new motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
So I'm expecting lots of sucking up from the missus for a while (well, for at least a week I hope. ;) )

Its been a hell of a search to be honest. I started with the idea of getting a W202 and then figured that I could get a W203 for £1500 more.

Then I found that very few W203's have leather unless I was prepared to throw a couple more at it but I didn't really want to throw more money at a car that I know will rust (we tend to keep our cars for a while). Buying a 2004 or later model wasn't on the cards as I didn't want to commit to any finance.

So the search began for the best value car with as many toys and luxuries one can get for under £6k and after much head scratching and both soul searching and car searching I *think* have got pretty close.

So what did I buy?

Anyone hazard a guess on what I ended up buying? Come on, think £6k, toys, a bit of luxury and value. What would you choose?

I think the clue is in the section - it won't be an MB!

Honda Accord.
VW Passat.
Volvo S40.
Jag X-Type.

BMW 5/7 series
Audi A6/A8

or

this

and you trousered the difference!

Is there a prize for the correct answer?

When are you going to end the suspense? ;)

Imadoofus got there first. :bannana:

I managed to find a S60 D5 SE VOLVO (OMG, I'll be a Volvo driver) Automatic, Saloon, Diesel, 2003 53 Reg (29/12/2003), with 84k miles on it in metallic silver,

Its got Geartronic, Electric Memory Seats, Dolby Pro Logic 9 speaker stereo, 4Disc CD Radio, autosensing wipers, Winter Pack (two zone heated Seats, headlight wash wipe, carpet mats) cruise control, onboard computer, 17" Alloys, creme leather, front Foglights, Alloys, ABS, SIPS, WIPS, (8 airbags) Remote comfort locking alarm/imobiliser, deadlocks etc etc.

£5.5k including a full service, and cambelt change. (thats some depreciation)

There's no way I could get close to this spec and stay with the marque.

I'll be still driving my old coupe around so despite my purchase, I'm still not really a defector. :) 50+mpg though may sway me towards getting an oil burner myself one day.

More pics when I get my hands on it.

Attachments

• media.jpg
    media.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 306
Good move, Sp!ke

Nice cars, despite what people may say. I've considered them more than once, and I'm currently taken with the new S80 :eek:

PJ

I like those, I really do - but significant other has banned me from getting one. I have no idea why; there is something about Volvo; I prefer the V range. Anyway, nice motor, great price

OMG, I'll be a Volvo driver
Can I suggest you also get yourself a hat, preferably a flat cap, to wear while driving it? Oh, and fit it with a tow-bar and drag a caravan about too. That way you'll have pretty much all bases covered :D

Seriously, congrats on the purchase. It looks like a nicely spec'd motor.

Hope you enjoy it, you certainly get plenty for your money. I have looked at these for the same reasons as you, and I do think that they look nice too. Strangely my wife is very dismissive of Volvo too - is this just a female thing, Volvo hating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom