Just broke my rear view mirror [emoji849] help!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
Whilst doing the obligatory, changing to led's, the glass broke, whilst pulling it off, I've dismantled the whole thing and left it off.

Anyway my question is, nothing lights up when I open the door now, puddles etc, is that connected to the mirror somehow??

Or am I being stupid and it doesn't go on during the day,

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I dont think the puddle lights operate until it gets dark enough , as sensed by the detector on the windscreen.

Could be wrong though .

Kenny

I dont think the puddle lights operate until it gets dark enough , as sensed by the detector on the windscreen.

Could be wrong though .

Kenny

How about the dome?

Is the sensor connected to the rear view?

This has me baffled and frustrated

How about the dome?

I will check in 30mins when i leave work.

You could try covering the sensor and see if the dome / footwell / puddle lights start to work.

Kenny

I will check in 30mins when i leave work.

You could try covering the sensor and see if the dome / footwell / puddle lights start to work.

Kenny

Sorted, yeh worked when covered up, I'm a merc noob!!

Thanks

If you need a new RVM and the original is not auto dimming then a dimming mirror is just plug and play.

Kenny

If you need a new RVM and the original is not auto dimming then a dimming mirror is just plug and play.

Kenny

Is that so, no I don't have auto dimming, which is rather poor on a 49k merc. I've already sourced a new one tho, but will keep that in mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom