Just brought an C32 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dazzler

Car
W211 Estate 320CDI, E55 AMG 54 plate.
What a lovely car
icon_biggrin.gif

A few questions/problems tho....

It has what i think is factory fitted privacy glass(its an estate). it seems to be a film rather than glass, the film on the rear tailgate window is all rippling( like looking through water). Has anyone else had this?
Can it be repaired or is it a new window job??

The heated seats back work but seat swab doesnt, is this the normal failure?? i thought they would be wired in seris and so both would not work if one failed.
Is this an easy fix?

Anyone know what the latest Sat/nav disc will be, its a 2002 W203 which has a 2001 disc.
Has anyone ???? (Pm me)

Im sure more will crop up.
The car is a blast tho and cruises effortlessly.

What a lovely car
icon_biggrin.gif

A few questions/problems tho....

It has what i think is factory fitted privacy glass(its an estate). it seems to be a film rather than glass, the film on the rear tailgate window is all rippling( like looking through water). Has anyone else had this?
Can it be repaired or is it a new window job??

Congratulations on your purchase, fantastic cars the C32 Estate. As for the tints, if it's a film it's most likely to be aftermarket. So the good news is you should be able to just have the film replaced. However as it's the rear screen I'd be careful with where you take it as I'd be worried if it may cause any damage to the heated window element.

The heated seats back work but seat swab doesnt, is this the normal failure?? i thought they would be wired in seris and so both would not work if one failed.
Is this an easy fix?

Not sure I'm afraid, although I know that they do fail.

Anyone know what the latest Sat/nav disc will be, its a 2002 W203 which has a 2001 disc.
Has anyone ???? (Pm me)

Im sure more will crop up.
The car is a blast tho and cruises effortlessly.

The latest disc is 2009/2010. You need a TeleAtlas DX Navigation CD. You could get one from Comand online. The company is run by a member on here.

Good luck & enjoy the car, please post some pictures when you get a chance.

Congrulations.

Echo A-Avantgarde regarding tints - get a professional to remove and replace if you want to have tints. Pentagon have a superb reputation.

The heated-element in the seat bases do fail - a very common fault caused by the fact that the element is integrated into the seat cover. With wear and constant flexing it eventually fails.

If memory serves they're about £300 for a replacement.

There is an alternative though. Separate heating elements (pads) can be slipped between the seat cover and seat foam, and connected to the electrical connector that's already used. IIRC the pads are about £80 for the W210 - do a search for more information.

Finally a cheaper option might be aftermarket pads but you'd probably find it more trial and error rather than plug and play.

Congrats welcome to the land of the AMG :)

Congrats on your new purchase. :thumb:

Post some pics when you can. :)

Congrats and welcome. Look forward to the pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom