• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Just buying Used and need to know what the car is fitted with

I had the same issue, I was concerned they had used the wrong fluid in the ATF change, invoice confirmed the correct fluid was used.

Seems bizarre that MB cannot categorically say either way and rely on the dealers to answer. :confused:

Worked out well, similar to you I paid a deposit to hold car, it was MB approved used and was in showroom condition.

RE 7G plus, if you ask for a copy of the service history invoices, if the ATF fluid has been changed look at the part number of the fluid, if its 001989780309 then thats the fluid for the plus gearbox.

Thanks for this response, it would appear from speaking to Gatwick parts department that this is the P/N that would be picked if MB Gatwick were completing a fluid change. He was unable to give out the P/N but did confirm when I read it out to him that this is the correct one for the vehicle.

The tax rating for the car is 171 g/km if this makes any difference.
Anyway, let's see what it drives like as I'm sure it will be OK and I will have the assurance of the warranty anyway :).

Looking forward to it now!!

When was it registered (a 60 plate can also be 2011)?

How do you know it's a 265? Does it state it on the log book?

And to just clarify, after re-reading my post, I'm not saying all hockey stick DRL's are 231bhp (due to the amount of changes that year), but the straight LED's are all 265bhp.

It was registered on 10/11/2010 and the log book says E350 SPT CDI BLUECY 265 A. It also says Max net power (kW) is 195 (which is approx 262bhp), and CO2 is 171 G/KM which I remember seeing somewhere else is the correct figure for a 265bhp estate.

Hope this helps!

Thanks to everyone on the responses that you have all provided on my behalf today. I'm really looking forward to (a) getting the car now and (b) pestering you all on these forums :)

Thanks again

Steve

The 265bhp model came out early 2011, the earliest I know of a 7G Plus gearbox is July 2011.

There is confirmed existence in the thread I linked to on page one that cars registered in 2010 can have the 7g+ box fitted.

Evidence is mounting up that the OPs car could well have a 7G+ box! (Part numbers of box on the data card, part number of the correct fluid for a 7G+ being recommended by MB, confirmed existence of cars of that vintage with the 7G+ box fitted)

So will it be obvious which box is fitted when the OP actually gets hold of the car? Is it stamped on top of the gear selector, or is it going to be impossible to tell without a laptop interrogating it?

There is confirmed existence in the thread I linked to on page one that cars registered in 2010 can have the 7g+ box fitted.

Evidence is mounting up that the OPs car could well have a 7G+ box!

Not quite confirmation, it was more a case of gearbox numbers having an 03 code.

I struggle to comprehend Mercedes putting out a few random Plus boxes nearly a year before they were definitely out.

Stranger things have happened though...

Well, looks like I've stumped the local dealer. They didn't know there was a 7G Plus variant!!!!
I will try another dealer and see where they go with it.

Just been told by supplying dealer service dept that if it has stop/start it will be a plus, if it doesn't, it will be a 7G. Just need to see whether it has stop/start then :)

Looks like good news....
The dealer has confirmed the car has Stop/Start so should have the plus box :)
Really looking forward to collection now :bannana:

Not quite confirmation, it was more a case of gearbox numbers having an 03 code.

I struggle to comprehend Mercedes putting out a few random Plus boxes nearly a year before they were definitely out.

Stranger things have happened though...
Yes, confirmation on page 3 from original poster (who had a nov2010 estate with 265 Bhp motor E350CDi)
"So local Mercedes dealer confirms my car which was built Oct 2010 has a 7G+ transmission "

Bit academic now though.

Is the only way to check spec on a Merc to call up Mercedes or is there an online spec checker like there is for Bmw

I have E250 avan. on 11plate reg 31st march, it is a 5 speed auto,this model only got 7 speed as far as i understand on new reg. that year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom