Just collected my 2012 E350Cdi Coupe :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just asking the question as if the BT audio didn't work at all, there's a service menu you can go in and turn it on. But normally thats only needed on earlier (2008-2010 ish) cars.

Personally, I would just get the map updates from a dealer, or find other "methods" online and see how you get on with it. I also managed to add rudimentary speed camera alerts (shows a camera icon on map but no audio warning) Sat Nav Speed cameras | Electronics and Audio

If it's still not to your taste after the update then you can look at some else, but as far as I have seen the only aftermarket option is the extremely expensive Apple Carplay/Android Auto kits. I've also seen an android tablet kit floating around but it's no cheaper. I'm an android user and Android Auto is terrible, had it in one of my previous cars on a Sony head unit. It locks you out from tapping the screen after 6 taps when driving so basically the passenger can't search for music on Spotify (for example) if you're moving. Carplay doesn't have this so works better but it's still nothing you can't do on a phone holder really.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom