Just curious, what are you planning for dinner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
Going out? Staying in?

Here at 110rry towers, we will be having lamb chops (just the one each), mashed potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower, Bisto and mint sauce. This will be at about 4pm as we have a late breakfast on the weekend and an early evening meal. That's it for me but the other half generally has a further snack later. We'll be dining in of course.

We might have a glass of Proseco as we have recently had some very nice news which I cannot share, unfortunately.

Venison stew for us. Cooked in red wine, beef stock plus the usual mushrooms, garlic, seasoning etc.. Mrs Camerafodder does this in the slow cooker for about 5 hours then serves with creamy mashed potato...yumee! It'll be washed down with a glass or three of a nice Rioja gently brought up to temperature next to one of the woodburners. Blimey I'm hungry already!

That sounds nice! I find venison a little rich for me, but a small amount with mash sounds lovely. Do you have a little red currant jelly with it to cut through the richness?

That sounds nice! I find venison a little rich for me, but a small amount with mash sounds lovely. Do you have a little red currant jelly with it to cut through the richness?

Then slow cooked might be just what you're looking for. It tastes less 'gamey' and ends up really tender whereas I find beef can sometimes 'tighten up' a bit. We don't have the jelly with it although we might now you've mentioned it!

Last edited:
Roast turkey leg, roast sweet potatoes, roast white potatoes, broccoli, green beans, peas, sprouts, parsnips, chopped leek on the potatoes for the last 15 mins. Gravy with red wine.
Bread and butter pudding made wtith Panetone and marmalade, custard and ice cream.
Mmmm.
About 4:15pm.

Salmon Loin marinaded in sweet chilli sauce, new potatoes. broccoli, sweet corn and carrots with a mushroom sauce.
Apple pie with custard for dessert.
A bottle of chilled chardonnay and last coffee

Can we come round because that sounds perfect! Splash of Vimto in Prosecco is surprisingly nice

Oh, what about home made Yorkshire puds?

Fish 'n chips and a cup of tea.

Rack of lamb with pepper, garlic and rosemary, roasted until just pink, roast potatoes with garlic and rosemary, roast parsnips, roast carrots, baby broccoli spears, sugarsnaps and cauli, mint sauce and lamb gravy (for herself!), and a bottle of Plasir de Siurac Lalande de Pomerol to wash it down. Probably raspberries and cream a little later - and then we still have a load of different cheeses so may get to that (with port) even later.

A good curry here - home made today

For later, circa 19:30.

Rare roast rib of beef, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes (beef fat used to cook both), Cauliflower cheese, roasted beetroot, carrots and Kale.

Gravy made from the beef residue!

To drink; Well a guest has kindly supplied a brace of 2013 Domaine Tempier, Bandol Cuveé la Tourtine.

We will then attack the cheese, Montgomery cheddar, a very ripe Brie, Cabrales and a Délice de Bourgogne. Port of course!

A G&T should get us in the mood :0

Hyderabadi Achaar Murgh
Methi Mutter
Steamed Basmati
Chutneys etc

For later, circa 19:30.

Rare roast rib of beef, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes (beef fat used to cook both), Cauliflower cheese, roasted beetroot, carrots and Kale.

Gravy made from the beef residue!

To drink; Well a guest has kindly supplied a brace of 2013 Domaine Tempier, Bandol Cuveé la Tourtine.

We will then attack the cheese, Montgomery cheddar, a very ripe Brie, Cabrales and a Délice de Bourgogne. Port of course!

A G&T should get us in the mood :0

A friend kindly shared a 1990 Tourtine a few months ago - it was just about ready to drink!

A friend kindly shared a 1990 Tourtine a few months ago - it was just about ready to drink!

I agree that it would drink well at least a decade from now but it seemed churlish to refuse, if the first bottle does not stand up there are alternatives!:thumb:

Weissbier or dear old Kingfisher, the Achaar is extremely hot and would kill anything vinous.

I have not found any wine that I enjoy with such food although some Belgian beers go well.

Shoulder of lamb, fresh mint sauce, swede, carrots, roast potato and a bottle of Syrah,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom