Just don't drink and drive ...........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
I and others have posted this video in previous years and I make no apologies for reposting in this year.

It is extremely hard hitting. Given that we can't afford in this country to run such a campaign this year maybe this will help.

I would warn you this is extremely challenging and I was holding back the tears. If you have been involved in incidents and dont want reminded or are of a sensitive nature then please dont watch.

TAC Campaign - 20 year Anniversary retrospective montage "Everybody Hurts" music by REM TV ad - YouTube

Very moving although I'm sure those of us who wouldn't drink and drive won't change their behavior because of a campaign and neither will those for whom drinking and driving is as usual as changing their socks.

:thumb:Thank you R2. Constant roadside checks in our area at the moment. Early morning, late night and afternoons too.

Dead easy not to drink now as a driver in a social situation. Just say the word "driving" and it is totally understood you will not touch a drop and you are not coerced to either. That, if nothing else has changed:thumb:

Thank god I'm teatotal

I'm teatotal too :)

First time I have seen that one - makes our "just one more, Dave" adverts pale in comparison!

I never drink and drive, never even consider it. One is too many in my book.

One of the prisoners I have with me on the van I drive on a Friday is serving time for squashing an AA man against the car he was fixing.

Killed him instantly.

He was drunk at the wheel of his Mitsibushi L200 and hit the patrolman at some speed.

One of the prisoners I have with me on the van I drive on a Friday is serving time for squashing an AA man against the car he was fixing.

Killed him instantly.

He was drunk at the wheel of his Mitsibushi L200 and hit the patrolman at some speed.

:eek: Hope he is serving a long one

I don't think any smugness was intended Del. Just stating a fact. They are as likely as anyone to be the victim of someone elses drunkenness. I'm sure they are aware of that.

How the heck though can you avoid someone elses drunken driving. I'm off out tonight and aim to get to where I'm going safely. If I see anyone driving without lights on or driving super slowly or quickly that is a clue to a drunken/drugged driver. All else is in the hands of someone else I guess.

Don't be so smug - no damn consolation when the drunkard drives into you...

Smug? no my friend,a life style choice,hope everybody stays safe,but statistics will tell us otherwise.

:eek: Hope he is serving a long one

By the time a prisoner is allowed "out on the van" they are in a Cat D open prison, due for release soon, but I'm not aware of his particular tariff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom