Just driven a CLK500 and CLK55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If the guy is a trader , there will be a warranty with it. No way he can get around that one .

Start the next conversation with you are now looking at another 55 and you are not so sure about his anymore. That will seal the deal at sub £9500.

500 looks unloved and it will be like this in every respect so if you buy it you may well find other things wrong/broken as time goes by.

Bang On!

The two cars you are looking at were made to be loved. How anyone (private individual OR company owner) can let a car like the 500 get to that state is beyond me.

500 WILL be a money pit. The vortex will take your wallet and you with it, and you'll get to the stage where you question your sanity if you buy it:crazy:

Just buy the 55;)

Good Luck:)

Trader has not rung me back yet! It's a bit of a standoff I think, should I wait for him to call me or should I ring him tomorrow morning?

if you want the car then ring him back, if you want to risk him selling it to somebody else then don't bother :)

He's told you the price, OK, it's a bit more than you want to pay but have you seen a better one at the price? If not, it may just be time to bite the bullet, give the guy his money and then make sure you get your money's worth getting every tiny little niggle sorted out on his warranty :)

Have you ever thought the trader could be reading this:eek:

The thought has crossed my mind when I'm asking for advice with regards to issues and work done by my local MB dealer..... Scary:eek:

Give him a call and simple ask whether he's had time to consider your offer further.

Have you ever thought the trader could be reading this:eek:

The thought has crossed my mind when I'm asking for advice with regards to issues and work done by my local MB dealer..... Scary:eek:

I know of at least two dealers where the staff read this forum

I will call him first thing tomorrow, if he hasn't called before then!

just my opinion, but it seems to me that you dont need to rush this purchase as you already have a few cars so it isnt imperative you buy this actual car. I would consider trying to hold off a day or so, a) you have shown plenty of interest and are clearly not a time waster b) who knows what will come up in the next few days? c) hunting and viewing potential purchases is half the fun, its not like this car is unique and d) prices are going one way for this type of car.

Get your poker head on!

just my opinion, but it seems to me that you dont need to rush this purchase as you already have a few cars so it isnt imperative you buy this actual car. I would consider trying to hold off a day or so, a) you have shown plenty of interest and are clearly not a time waster b) who knows what will come up in the next few days? c) hunting and viewing potential purchases is half the fun, its not like this car is unique and d) prices are going one way for this type of car.

Get your poker head on!

spot on, hang fire for a couple of days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom