Just fitted Philips Xtreme 80s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Hi
Just fitted my new headlight bulbs - first one took me ages - then i re-read manual and realised there is the locking clip to slide...DOH.!! the others took minutes..

Went out for a test tonight -- this is one MOD well worth doing .....:bannana:

Sorry - didn't think of that - but I do recommend them.:cool:

Hi Crockers,
Have had the +80s in use for a couple of weeks now,agree with you they are great improvment.Picked up a pair of Bi-Xenons now and going to retro them in a couple of weeks time,many thanks to SHUDE for his info help on fitting them.Will try to post pics when i get them fitted.
Chris.

Have had the +80s in use for a couple of weeks now,agree with you they are great improvment.Picked up a pair of Bi-Xenons now and going to retro them in a couple of weeks time,many thanks to SHUDE for his info help on fitting them.Will try to post pics when i get them fitted.
You will find that the xenons are at least twice as bright as the xtreme-80% bulbs but as a cheaper alternative to a complete headlamp swap they look pretty good!

What type would I need for my ML?
According to powerbulbs.com and like lots of other MBs your car has H7 for headlamps and H7 for beam. Fog is H3 but is not worth replacing IMHO.

They are a great mod for the driver - but not for oncoming drivers.

My mate upgraded his CLK to HID and they are much brighter than my std HID - but massive ammounts of light scatter to the sides - blinding.

Installed these myself a few weeks ago after reading a good review somewhere, didn't want chavvy blue lights (that aren't very useful anyway) and found these give out a decent, whitish light. Recommended. Twenty odd quid on ebay.

They are a great mod for the driver - but not for oncoming drivers.
I don't understand this. Normal headlamps when badly aligned will blind oncoming drivers, fitting brighter bulbs won't help this but if the headlamps are properly aligned then it doesn't matter how bright the bulbs are really, oncoming drivers should not be blinded.
My mate upgraded his CLK to HID and they are much brighter than my std HID - but massive ammounts of light scatter to the sides - blinding.
All HIDs are pretty much the same brightness. The only difference is colour temperature. OEM HIDs are usually 4300 k or something, your friend probably has 6000 k capsules which some companies are pushing as they look prettier and brighter but are in fact usually 15-30% dimmer than OEM! If they're fitted into non-HID lamps then that explains the light scattering.

There seems to be a pretty wide range of quality when it comes to HID.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom