Just got a text

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daveenty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S63 Coupe
From my new car. :eek:
New Car said:
Dear daveenty,

the starter battery charge status of the vehicle ***17*** is critical.

To ensure that the vehicle is able to start, please connect a battery charger or drive the vehicle for 30 to 60 minutes.

When using the battery charger, please observe the notes in Owner's Manual in your vehicle or online at http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/con...ownership-and-car-care/interactive_owner.html.

Best regards

Mercedes me connect

The dealer has obviously registered me for this ME thing though, as I don't pick it up till next week and it's 250 miles away, there's not a lot I can do about it really apart from letting them know via email which I've done.

I suppose I should be impressed really though I'm more concerned that it's gone flat in the two weeks that it's been parked up. Looks like my first job with it will be hooking a charger up. :(

From my new car. :eek:

The dealer has obviously registered me for this ME thing though, as I don't pick it up till next week and it's 250 miles away, there's not a lot I can do about it really apart from letting them know via email which I've done.

I suppose I should be impressed really though I'm more concerned that it's gone flat in the two weeks that it's been parked up. Looks like my first job with it will be hooking a charger up. :(

Brilliant that the technology exists, and good that the dealer signed you up proactively, I don't think that's commonplace. Assuming the dealer charges it a bit before you collect, the 250 mile journey home should take care of topping it up - but to be sure, you had best take the scenic route home :D

Well, are you going to reply? ;)

I'm getting to grips with the 'Connect me' app and functions.
Like any new technology, it is not perfect yet, but I can certainly see the benefits and I'm actively using them.
Love to have stuff like where the car is and fuel usage accessible on my phone!
You can't have too much information!

I'm getting to grips with the 'Connect me' app and functions.

I don't really want to, and if it gives me grief it will be unceremoniously dumped. :)
Like any new technology, it is not perfect yet, but I can certainly see the benefits and I'm actively using them.
Love to have stuff like where the car is and fuel usage accessible on my phone!

I'll be hoping the car will be where I left it. If not, it's not my problem anymore.
You can't have too much information!

I beg to differ. :D

"I'll be hoping the car will be where I left it. If not, it's not my problem anymore"

When my wife has the car, I can predict (to the minute) when to get the G & T ready for her:D

Any tool can be useful, and equally it can be misused!

Be thankful it didn't say:

"The 1st yr apprentice has just flogged your car five miles down the road to the nearest pub and it'll be back in the garage in time for your pick-up"

:D

When my wife has the car, I can predict (to the minute) when to get the G & T ready for her:D

You've just reminded me of a friends wife many years ago. Mid 40's she passed her test after many attempts. The first shopping trip alone into town on a Saturday. Enjoys 3-4 hours shopping then casually gets the bus home out of habit. :doh:

Bizarrely it wasn't until my friend was going out for takeaway that evening. He had a quick look around the street before going back into the house "where did you park the car?" He asked. :eek:

Needless to say he never let her live it down.

Has it got enough battery left to pop the boot a few times? :devil:

I'd have to be having all that caper switched off, it's hard enough getting away from work emails etc without your car messaging you every ten minutes!

I've had no texts from my car, I only ask it questions I want the answer to.
It will only contact you if it has something important it wants you to know....like it is running out of fuel....or battery:cool:

As long as your car does not start "liking" your posts on facebook, or not. Then it should be OK.

Don't do Facebook John, and neither will the car. :D

It "may" do Instagram though...

Don't worry - the app on your phone will stop working as soon as you take delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom