Just got it Friday! E230 1996

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulE230

Spent 3 days detailing it !

Washed it
Clayed it (poorboys clay)
washed again
Klasse AIO x2
Zaino Z2pro x 3
Klasse SG x2

Mothers tyre shine on the tyres
Interior carpets shampood, seats shampooed door panels cleaned with degreaser then treated with 303 Areospace protectent. Air vents all cleaned with mothers brush and degreaser then treated with 303
Dash cleaned with damp microfbire cloth then treated with 303 and poorboys natural look dash and new car mats!

:) :) :)

Mods so far in the last week..pedals and grill and new number plates

Spent the day refurbishing my alloys. To do the 4 its taken me around 8 hours :(

Glad I did it now but I think next time if funds allow get them professionally refurbed

I took each wheel off one by one

Sprayed a very strong alloy wheel cleaner to get the bake dust off the photo below is after I had cleaned them. Then I sanded them down. Then I did a coat of primer, then a few coats of paint and a few coats of Laquer and tryed to mask off the tyres as best as I could but the masking tape I had was useless so I just scrubbed the tyres afterwards to remove the paint and then dressed the tyres with mothers(a brand name)tyre shine.

The alloy wheel cleaner did a very good job as the holes were caked with brake dust that would not budge after several washes

Todays Mod

I was very reluctant to do this MOD but I think I am happy with the results

I got a reconditioned unit off ebay about 4 months ago for £139

The sat nav function is really good and very useful

Very easy to fit , just plugged in the standard ISO wires
Then fed the GPS antenni to the top of the dash
Took around 15 mins to fit

Quite a big improvement in sound quality and it matches very nice (I think) I was worried about spoiling the originality of the dash but it looks fine and I could always put the old one back in

Heres the finished result

This seems to be the offical Mercedes Club mod so I Changed my pedals to the alloy/rubber one's only £20 for all 3 at mercedes a big difference and not a bad price for all 3 genuine parts

After refurbing the wheels I polished them with a chemical polish (not a wax) then I sealed them with this stuff. It costs around £12 a tub and does a good job of repeling brake dust. It also makes the wheels so much easier to clean.

Changed the gear nob today (many thanks High-Lo)

Looks so much better

This is the old one.........

Here is the new one..........................

Last edited:
Took each wheel off today and cleaned the wheel arches

you would not belive how much caked on mud there was

Took 45 mins in each wheel well to get them like this

New mono wiper cover !

I am going to detailing cars for a living, starting in the next few weeks!

Took the horrible grease off and polished and waxed and applied some grease with a lot more care!

Detailed and all ready for the winter ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom