Just got message car too low stop immediately

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Though I have some goodwill from Esplanade the Mercedes Dealer on the Isle of Wight....Does anyone think it would be worth contacting the Mercedes CEO....
to try and get further Goodwill from Mercedes themselves...if so please let me have their email address

here's some pics of how low

Attachments

• 20220623_133431.jpg
    20220623_133431.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220623_133438.jpg
    20220623_133438.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20220623-WA0015.jpeg
    IMG-20220623-WA0015.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20220623-WA0017.jpeg
    IMG-20220623-WA0017.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
How does the Airmatic system work ?

If the pump fills a pneumatic accumulator and the struts use the "tanked" air for normal operation then to have total instant failure of the entire system may point to an air leak form pipework / fitting that is common to the entire system.

K

How does the Airmatic system work ?

If the pump fills a pneumatic accumulator and the struts use the "tanked" air for normal operation then to have total instant failure of the entire system may point to an air leak form pipework / fitting that is common to the entire system.

K
I don't know...the compressor was not pumping at all...I never move the settings just leave it comfort mode...when I first bought it....if sports mode was selected the car lowered its self...when going back to comfort mode...the car would rise back to normal height and I could hear the compressor working until the normal height was achieved...I've been informed that the compressor has failed...not uncommon by all accounts...just a pisser at 32300 miles

I don't know...the compressor was not pumping at all...I never move the settings just leave it comfort mode...when I first bought it....if sports mode was selected the car lowered its self...when going back to comfort mode...the car would rise back to normal height and I could hear the compressor working until the normal height was achieved...I've been informed that the compressor has failed...not uncommon by all accounts...just a pisser at 32300 miles

Just thinking out loud :

How did the car drop so quickly with just a comp failure , is it not a pressurised sealed system - unless there is a leak somewhere ?

K

If it was a leak...surely the compressor would run trying to raise the car..it just dropped and no noise of the compressor working

Possibly , unless there was a sensor that detected a total pressure loss and inhibited the comp from operating as it would just burn itself out trying to re-inflate the system.

As said , just thinking out loud knowing how complex these systems are.

K

I had the same problem in the first lock down at a similar mileage RAC did a systems check that showed airmatic pump not working. Car taken away on flatbed. Problem can be a large fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet, the airmatic pump relay or the pump itself. MB Newcastle had the car fixed in two hours by fitting a new pump which also comes with a new relay from MB. The car had full service history and was 3 months out of warranty but MB stumped up 50% of the cost so for a shade over £300 all fixed. Asked about pump failure at a low age, seems that the S/W 205 C Class has/ had a problem with water getting into the aircon pump as it’s located lowdown behind the front bumper in front of the passenger wheel. Newcastle hold a stock of the pumps as it had been a common fault. With a bit of luck the OP may get help from MB and certainly should ask the dealer to request a contribution. May even turn out to be just a fuse or the £40 pump relay. Workshop time should not be long as it’s easy to reach the parts on a 4 post lift.

Don't know anything about your car but.... I do know that such errors can be driven not by the physical issue such as a broken pump, but by sensor issues and electronic glitches. And at times like this, a phone call to PCS across the Solent is probably the quickest route to resolve.
I still think this is worth a call to PCS across the Solent.

Fully appreciate that it would be a pain to get the dropped vehicle over there, but they may be able to share some insight, which you could then use to discuss / negotiate with your dealer whether it's the goodwill tactic, or "it doesn't need to be this dear" conversation.

I still think this is worth a call to PCS across the Solent.

Fully appreciate that it would be a pain to get the dropped vehicle over there, but they may be able to share some insight, which you could then use to discuss / negotiate with your dealer whether it's the goodwill tactic, or "it doesn't need to be this dear" conversation.
Unfortunately it costs an arm and a leg to cross that tiny stretch of water, especially for a long vehicle. Crossing it twice, plus the cost of recovery (once or twice), plus paying for diagnosis performed so far, could easily cost more than the repair.

Last edited:
Got a courtesy car fron enterprise...firstly was a mazda 3 sky active quite a nice car but manual...they pro.ised to swap it for a merc..which I got today...c200 4 door 70 plate...its petrol with eq whatever that is...doesn't seem to be part electric...quite noisy for a petrol..drones a bit..also no temperature gauge..can't wait to get mine back

She's back home...all fixed...just a tad over £750 in the end including the Aircon service

Attachments

• 20220629_165419_resized.jpg
    20220629_165419_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220629_165433(0)_resized.jpg
    20220629_165433(0)_resized.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220629_165447_resized.jpg
    20220629_165447_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220629_170152_resized.jpg
    20220629_170152_resized.jpg
    992 KB · Views: 11
I've seen plenty of your posts and never twigged "I O W Eddie" live and learn !!!! :doh:

Its dropped again...back in the dealers today
Leave it with the slammed look, crank up the stereo and go ' cruising ' round the Island ?
:D
Seriously though, hope you get it properly sorted quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom