Just got message car too low stop immediately

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Missed this thread,just what did the MB garage on the I O W do to make a repair? when I started to read the thread and you had a car flat on it's bump stops straight away,my thoughts were leak just past the air tank and the pump just gave up so the car went down,you had the message the car was too low so the level sensor is working because the car knew it was too low,hope you get it fixed soon,just puzzled as to what the repair will be.

Missed this thread,just what did the MB garage on the I O W do to make a repair? when I started to read the thread and you had a car flat on it's bump stops straight away,my thoughts were leak just past the air tank and the pump just gave up so the car went down,you had the message the car was too low so the level sensor is working because the car knew it was too low,hope you get it fixed soon,just puzzled as to what the repair will be.
Had a new compressor fitted...all seemed ok...next morning it was down a bit...started it up and it said vehicle rising...drove ok and stayed ok for a few days...presumed that it had just settled...then this morning after not using it for 48 hours it was right down at the rear both sides...emailed the dealer with photo's started it up and it said vehicle rising...took a photo of the dash message and went to the dealer where it now sits awaiting further investigation with soapy water

Ok so the estate is just down at th back this time,that could be the sensor at the rear,on mine it is clipped into position and when you load cement bags in the boot that sensor will send more air to keep the rear at the right height ,if the clip cracks or breaks then the back goes right down :rolleyes:

Been at the dealers almost 3 days...hasn't dropped while there....Anyone any ideas how it can have an intermittent air leak....Frustrating to say the least

Sorry to hear this OP. When mine did the same it was water ingress into the compressor which caused the compressor to fail. Yours sounds more like a hole in a pipe or bag somewhere. :(

Been at the Garage all week...no leaks detected...no codes showing up....and it hasn't dropped...The Technician is taking home over the weekend with a portable code reader...Hope he's not going to the South of France on a Jolly... LOL

Been at the Garage all week...no leaks detected...no codes showing up....and it hasn't dropped...The Technician is taking home over the weekend with a portable code reader...Hope he's not going to the South of France on a Jolly... LOL
Did you check he's not moonlighting as a minicab driver doing airport runs?
Seriously though, must be really frustrating. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Tempted fate...the ****** thing dropped 2" at the rear over the last 2 days...back at the dealers again....considering px for a VW Tiago...losing faith

The air bags can have a pin hole which only leaks depending on how the car settles. Had the same thing on my GL. Every now and then one corner was down. When I changed it the leak was in the fold of the bag so was sealed most of the time. That’s unlikely though on both bags unless they are pneumatically linked. Common thing to both sides on the rear is the level sensor. It’s obviously working as the car detects it is too low and sorts it’s self out. If it is dropping when the car is off then it points to a leak but a common one. If it’s the same as the GL all the lines come back to a small manifold block which contain the control valves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom