Just got my 320ce cab, please help me with a few questions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jazzdude

Car
Mercedes W124 320ce Cabriolet
My 1993 320ce cab has finally arrived and having spent the day with it I have a couple of small problems.

1. The drivers side heated seat switch only lights up in single light mode, and not the other way to double lights (rapid setting). Is this a switch problem?

2. It has an aftermarket immobilizer that needs turning off if you turn the car off, and need to start it again. In other words, I cannot start the car if I am sitting in it if I do not 'open' the doors first. Can this be altered to not do this?

3. the door windows seem to protrude up by a few mm when in the up position, making it hard to close the doors properly without giving them a firm pulling. Can this be adjusted? Can the glass be tightened so that it does not seem slightly loose (side to side) when you open and close the doors

4. the power steering is a little heavy, does this mean the pump might be at fault or are they all like this?

5. there are a few minor rattles and squeaks inside the car, would silicone spray be the best way to deal with these or is there a better remedy?

Otherwise the car is really lovely and a pleasure to drive. Will post some pictures soon.

Glad you like your car.
1. Yes it could be the switch. Not hard to get to so the simplest check would be just to swap them over and see what happens.
2.That immobiliser sounds very strange. Most aftermarket ones have a little transponder that either needs to touch a receiver or be close to a receiver. You are probably best removing it and fitting a more modern item.
3. I think the windows can be reset. Not sure about this though. Seem to remember that there is something about it in the handbook.
4.Check the fluid level. To me the steering is not heavy even with 17 in AMG wheels
Good luck with it. To be honest does not sound like a lot for an old car. Well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom