Just got my Bilsteins & H&R's fitted :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bunter6

Car
C43 AMG
As per title, fitted today, transformed the road manners of the car & now feels like the performance saloon my C43 should have been.

Big thanks to Olly at PCS for sourcing the springs shocks & spring pads for me :thumb:

A wee before & after pic selection.

Before

2011-08-17180810.jpg

After

2011-10-13170847.jpg

Cheers

Mark

Nice look with a slight overall drop and a clean car. It just needs some 18" Monos to finish up :thumb:

Yup thats what I was thinking or possibly BBS LM's?

Looks excellent.

BBS LM's are mega money but I think they would look good on a 202.

You may have to go to number 3 cups if you run 18's.

Cheers Olly, Is this only for E55 monoblocks? Would LM's be ok if i kept the rim widths the same as the 17" Monos?

Nice looking 43, how much mm drop have you achieved?

and which Billies have you used? B6? B8?

Yup B8's & its dropped around 1.5" at a rough guess.

what was the thickness of front/rear springpads?
5 mm or 9 mm pads on all 4 corners?

you car does it handle better with the new drop?
is it more of a bumpy ride now?

Hi mate, 5mm pads on all corners.

Handling is much improved, turn in is sharper & body roll vastly reduced, also far less squat and dive now under accel/decel.

Ride is less smooth now but not massively so, its still comfortable it's just firmer over sharp dips or crappy broken up roads & I can stil straddle the speed humps in my estate without scraping anything.

So far its basically choc full of win. :)

Did a basic photoshop of LM's with anthracite spokes onto my car.

anthraciterims.jpg

I'm going to try gold spokes too which I think might look better.

Opinions welcomed.

Hi mate, 5mm pads on all corners.

Handling is much improved, turn in is sharper & body roll vastly reduced, also far less squat and dive now under accel/decel.

Ride is less smooth now but not massively so, its still comfortable it's just firmer over sharp dips or crappy broken up roads & I can stil straddle the speed humps in my estate without scraping anything.

So far its basically choc full of win. :)

hey bud.
don't you have any scraping at all if your car is loaded with heavy stuff in the trunk and passengers in the cabin?

car looks great when you had it dropped.

after the drop, when you hit your brakes hard, do you notice any front/rear - roll/raising of the body.
I notice this with my stock suspension, maybe it's time to do a nip 'n' tuck to my suspension?

Did a basic photoshop of LM's with anthracite spokes onto my car.

anthraciterims.jpg

I'm going to try gold spokes too which I think might look better.

Opinions welcomed.

Silver spokes , or body coloured spokes.

hey bud.
don't you have any scraping at all if your car is loaded with heavy stuff in the trunk and passengers in the cabin?

Took our old 32" TV to the skip today (approx 45KG) along with other rubbish in the boot & there was no scraping.

after the drop, when you hit your brakes hard, do you notice any front/rear - roll/raising of the body.

There is still squat and dive but it's far less pronounced & it enhances the feeling of acceleration.

car looks great when you had it dropped.

Cheers mate :thumb:

How about this?

silverrims.jpg

Looks very nice on them rims, just need to fit them front brakes aswell :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom