Just gotta share this!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
My son (Matthew) has just got gainful employment - as a Traffic Warden!! (do I need to leave MBclub now? :p )

I don't give a damm about peoples opinions re the position - my son needed a job so got off his butt and did something about it

I am so proud of him (especially given the way things are presently :crazy: ) that I'm really filling up!

Lets hear it loud for Matt!!!!

P.S. Cheeky bugger just text'd me and said wasn't it about time I got a job? (made redundant last week) :bannana:

P.P.S. Robert Saunders gave us a little advice last year which was most helpful. Thanks pal!

Regardless of anything else, good luck to the lad and well done......
Actually not a bad job providing you can put up with the fact that you know 98% of drivers hate you and the verbal abuse.

Congratulations.
Despite some bad press, I feel they do a decent job keeping the traffic moving.

Well done for being positive. Wish there were more wardens around here.

I just don't understand why some drivers really do hate traffic wardens.

You choose to park on double yellows and you occasionally get a ticket. I speak as someone who does sometimes park illegally where there are no legal spaces but will try hard not to park dangerously. I won't stop on a corner or T junction or zig-zag lines but will accept that I will get a ticket every now and then.

The wardens don't decide where parking will be disallowed they just do their job, most of the ones that have ticketed me have been decent enough people (probably as long as the driver is decent to them).

Or maybe it's just one of those 'joining in with the gang' objections like the way that estate agents are also hated.

Good luck to him, hope he gets on with it.

i wish there were more round here, it ticks me off when i go to the trouble of searching round for a parking space or drive off to the supermarket (to have to buy something for £5) and other people seem to just stick their hazards on and walk off to the shops often leaving their car in a dangerous position.

some people are just selfish.

Well done Matt..... tell him it's always good to hear from the other side for views etc.

My mates a traffic warden and he IS evil, he likes annoying people, always has done, if your his mate he'd walk in front of a train for you but otherwise he just likes to make people lives a misery, he's perfect traffic warden material, handy though cos i got one of his "park anywhere" tickets for Chelmsford where he works, he's always dissapointed when people dont have a go at him cos he knows how to look after himself as well, he's to big and scary looking for people to front up to him mostly though. :D

congratulations, to Matt what a great attitude - good luck.

Good for him, park illegally so expect to pay up!

My mates a traffic warden and he IS evil, he likes annoying people, always has done, if your his mate he'd walk in front of a train for you but otherwise he just likes to make people lives a misery, he's perfect traffic warden material, handy though cos i got one of his "park anywhere" tickets for Chelmsford where he works, he's always dissapointed when people dont have a go at him cos he knows how to look after himself as well, he's to big and scary looking for people to front up to him mostly though. :D

im sorry but people like this are just annoying and the world would be a better place without them, he is giving traffic wardens the bad name they have,

im sorry but people like this are just annoying and the world would be a better place without them, he is giving traffic wardens the bad name they have,

He probably is, but he wouldn't care, he would take pleasure in knowing it annoys you, thats just the way he is, nice bloke if he's your mate, but otherwise best avoided, he's not the only one at his place either, they have competitions among themselves to see who can get the best booking, it wouldn't matter what job he did, he'd be the grumpy bloke who wont help in the parts department, or the bloke who puts you on hold and then vanishes, or the copper who'll write a ticket for anything he can, we've all met people like it, but so far i'm the only person i've met who'll admit to being mates with one of em. lol.

sore point for me at the minute, came out of a pub in the centre of Sheffield on Monday, job had taken a little longer than I expected, I was 13 minutes overdue. Warden was just sticking the ticket to the windscreen and taking photos of the car. This despite fact I have a notice informing I am working.
I said thanks for that, looks like I'm working for nothing this morning then !
He replied you should buy more time,
I can see why some get assaulted

Actually I think traffic wardens do a great job.
Can you imagine what it would be like on the streets without them.

I say if you park illegally and get a ticket for it, it's your fault and not the wardens.
They are only doing what they get paid for.

P.S. Congrats to your son.

Actually I think traffic wardens do a great job.
Can you imagine what it would be like on the streets without them.

I say if you park illegally and get a ticket for it, it's your fault and not the wardens.
They are only doing what they get paid for.

P.S. Congrats to your son.

dont do the crime if you cant do the time...

Andy - do you know if Eastbourne has settled yet? They had a period of no enforcement due to a contractual wrangle which went on a bit

Yes it's settled now

It was an interesting time, for the first three months or so, everyone behaved and there was no problem but then some people got silly and were parking all over the pavements but that was soon stopped by the Police booking them for obstruction and everything returned to normal.

When the pay to park system started about 80% of people just parked outside the zone (5 minutes walk from the town centre) and blocked all the little side streets :D

Overall, a complete and utter success

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom