Just had genuine ipod interface installed in W204. Should ipod stay on?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deano-benz

I have just had a genuine ipod interface kit installed at my local MB dealer. (Part number - MA 204 870 44 96) It fits nice in the glovebox and works great. However, when I take the keys out the ignition the ipod switches off then about 20 seconds later I hear it bleep and it powers up. Is this normal and should it be happening?
I dont want to end up with a flat battery one morning. Its a bit late to call the dealer now as they are closed. Anybody else got this interface kit fitted?

I retro fitted the iPod kit in my old 204 and I can't remember the iPod staying powered up, sorry I can't help more.

Yes I mean initially it does switch itself off but then after 20 seconds I hear a chirp open the glovebox and see the ipod lit up...Yet the keys are not in the car so it just seems strange

Well it does turn itself off as soon as the ignition is turned off but like I say...after 20 seconds springs back into life.

Alfie fitted mine and it works perfectly. Can't say I have ever heard it power up like the above, but surely it will just go back to sleep as GordonTarling said above

I found that the iPOD would stay powered on when selected to operate via the media interface although the radio may have been operating; this is even with the ignition off.

I then found that if I selected something else, for instance the HDD, then the iPOD would switch off irrespective of ignition position.

So now I make sure that its not selected and it stays off

Yes I wil give that a go. Might just pop into MB dealer Tuesday and let them know whats happening. Someone in the workshop might know about it.

sorry - a bit off topic - but is this fitted to std Audio20 device and if so do you mind sharing how much you paid for at the main dealer for retrofit?

How is the control method? - through the 12-button steering controls? - can it select playlists and the like?

Yes fitted at dealer for £525. Yes it is fitted to the Audio 20 unit.

Control method is indeed with the 12 buttons on steering wheel. Playlists appear not on the radio/bluetooth screen as I first thought they would but directly in front of you in the middle clock on the dash via the lcd display.

Im really impressed with it so far.

Heres a pic of what it looks like

Attachments

• IMG00302-20100528-2248.jpg
    IMG00302-20100528-2248.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 80
Playlist is on the audio screen. You need to (I think) select Disc and then aux and then scroll to IPod _ would need to check but you can find all the playlists etc by the use of the comand knob.

Just had a good play with it but cant get the playlist showing on the audio screen. It just displays aux & sound in the bottom left and right of the screen.
I do understand what you are saying though. If it can display tracks and playlists in the dash screen surely the audio screen should detect it.

I'm not sure (actually I am guessing), but could it be that the track information is only shown on the audio screen if you have Comand?

Yes I dont have command fitted so that might be why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom