Just How Stupid Can the 'Woke' Culture Get...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Stupidest thing I've heard in a long time... The Beeb were running a piece this morning on how statistics show non-white women are between three and four times more likely to have problems with maternity care than white women, and the consequent need for NHS maternity services to have an "overtly non-racist culture". That's not it, though...

The earnest, committed clown doing the talking (not the reporter) referred to the ladies in question not as 'women', but as 'birthing people'. Unless I've missed something, there are no cases, either actual or anticipated, of males giving birth. How idiotically non-gender specific and non-discriminatory can you get?

The earnest, committed clown doing the talking (not the reporter) referred to the ladies in question not as 'women', but as 'birthing people'. Unless I've missed something, there are no cases, either actual or anticipated, of males giving birth. How idiotically non-gender specific and non-discriminatory can you get?

I blame it all on lack of classical education and lack of sufficient overt snobbery.

In the old days there would have been some sort of latin term cooked up rather than 'birthing people' -so they should have takes 'gravida' and added something to it to freshen it up rather than go for the sort of child speak new english. But I suspect gravida would get caught out as being legacy female.

So I'd use some bastardised latin instead of bastardised english - something like: prepartumgentes.

Then I'd set up a commission to look at all terminology used by the media - and come up with latin based alternatives. So make sure all nouns and adjectives are converted to the new neutral latin style - and maybe then startv looking at the verbs after a year or two.

And then I'd look at the metre and tone in which words were used and make sure that everthing was incanted properly.

I'm sure we could get the BBC News 24 suckered into making every piece to camera into a cryptic gregorian chant.

Then I'd put a beat and some music to it and some music and call it Enigmatic live news mood music.

The NHS have also erased the word Women from it's guidance on Cervical cancer in spite of the fact that a person needs a cervix to get the cancer and only biological women have one. The critical article below was written by a transgender person with common sense which goes to show that most of the woke nonsense results from the authorities ridiculous fear of causing offense. To hell with clarity and common sense we have to abandon it in case it causes offence to a few minority snowflakes.

Why is the NHS erasing women? | The Spectator

This woke crap is one of the most worrying things about modern society and the perhaps the one instance when I would agree with Putin when he laughs at the degeneracy of the West.

You have to live in hope that it's a passing fad because it will act as a drag on any country that takes it too seriously.

Should gender specific signage be removed from W.C's in pubs and restaurant's?
It then follows the same should happen to changing rooms in sports centres.
I now object to anyone wearing swimming costumes that may be as a preference to masking parts of anatomy that I am not allowed to recognise as belonging to a gender that is no longer permitted to exist as a specific.

I guess there will no longer be an opportunity for the 1st woman president of the USofA.

I do find it hard to listen to these kind of people on TV or radio debates. Mainly because they do not see what we all see.

They are talking utter Bollock$ somehow without mentioning genitalia..They are either very very clever or beyond help.

Disagreeing with someones views is all part of healthy debate , but looking mother (father ?) nature in the eye and calling it a liar takes some big genitalia.

Stupidest thing I've heard in a long time... The Beeb were running a piece this morning on how statistics show non-white women are between three and four times more likely to have problems with maternity care than white women, and the consequent need for NHS maternity services to have an "overtly non-racist culture". That's not it, though...

Ah perhaps they were being inclusive to Seahorses?

Ms Oldguy57 was recently interviewed by an authority involved with her job. One of the first questions asked was "what pronoun should we refer to you as ?" She didn't understand the question and the interviewer's clarification was "well should we refer to you as he, she, or something else ?" :doh:

We, I, me, you, they, or it are the only alternatives. :rolleyes:. If I'm ever asked that question (I won't be, alas...) I shall reply either "What do you suggest?"or "Something else"...

Well-meant, no doubt, but what planet are these people on?

Some time ago, in similar circumstances I was asked how I would like to be addressed. I responded "Mr. S, Sir or Nigel".

I was greatly amused by being addressed as "Sir Nigel" shortly afterwards!

NJSS

I blame it all on lack of classical education and lack of sufficient overt snobbery.

In the old days there would have been some sort of latin term cooked up rather than 'birthing people' -so they should have takes 'gravida' and added something to it to freshen it up rather than go for the sort of child speak new english. But I suspect gravida would get caught out as being legacy female.

So I'd use some bastardised latin instead of bastardised english - something like: prepartumgentes.

Then I'd set up a commission to look at all terminology used by the media - and come up with latin based alternatives. So make sure all nouns and adjectives are converted to the new neutral latin style - and maybe then startv looking at the verbs after a year or two.

And then I'd look at the metre and tone in which words were used and make sure that everthing was incanted properly.

I'm sure we could get the BBC News 24 suckered into making every piece to camera into a cryptic gregorian chant.

Then I'd put a beat and some music to it and some music and call it Enigmatic live news mood music.
Reminds me of the guy who translated The Beatles Yellow Submarine into Latin

Given that NHS England claims 42% of their medical staff have a BME background, I find it hard to believe the other 58% can apparently routinely get away with overtly racist behaviour. :dk:

Rather smacks of a non-story put about by the PC woke BBC...
What’s BME?

I'm thinking we need a serious discussion on removing insignificant archaic gender tied words from our vocabulary.

First to go should be.

Mum, dad, aunt, uncle, grandpa, papa, granny, grandma, amma, appa, bro, sis, son, daughter, mother, father.

And we need to abolish gender based articles from languages like French so remove 'le' and 'la' and we get a much easier language to learn and get correct.

I don't get how having problems at birth is down to racism when a very large number of nurse's are Asian
It seems just lately everything is blamed on racism .
Beats me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom