Just How Stupid Can the 'Woke' Culture Get...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d have to question how committed a Scout leader really was if they were prepared to leave scouting because they were asked not to use the phrases “dinner lady, “man made” and “Christian name”.
Maybe he can see that this is simply the beginning.

Did you read the link posted above Rob?
Just maybe that scoutmaster has reached the end of his tether with the ludicrousness infecting every walk of life with these changes.
What would be nice would be every single scoutmaster resigned as a form of protest until common sense was reached.
If a lady serves me dinner, she is a dinner lady. No need to dress it up with stupid alternatives.

I'm too old for this nonsense and won't comply to the narrative.
I hadn’t read to article, but I have now.

My simple view is that for a Scout Leader to leave scouting over these guidelines alone then they’d need to feel much more strongly about “not” using these terms than they do about scouting.

That’s of course possible, but I suspect it’s more likely that their heart was no longer in scouting, and this would be a deciding factor after other reasons reduced their commitment and passion.

I’d have to question how committed a Scout leader really was if they were prepared to leave scouting because they were asked not to use the phrases “dinner lady, “man made” and “Christian name”.

I think that if you are expected to actively promote anything to youngsters and you disagree with it - then that sets a different threshold and judgment.

So if this was a corporation using its idealogical dictionary of terms to communicate with its staff and customers that is one thing - but if it is an organisation involved in engaging and developing youngsters that is using its ideological dictionary to tell them what they can say then you could be wholly committed but morally unable to continue on principle because you can't promote the ideology.

Maybe he can see that this is simply the beginning.
Maybe.

Change rarely stops. It just changes. So if someone doesn’t like this then they’re unlikely to see it reversed, or see later “similar” changes as being positive.

the big problem if those who disagree with this end up resigning, that gives these workers a clear run at things - in short, they win.

If a lady serves me dinner, she is a dinner lady. No need to dress it up with stupid alternatives.

I'm too old for this nonsense and won't comply to the narrative.

Mrs PMP used to be a dinner lady. I just called her a splop dropper. Which I'm sure is perfectly acceptable in a gender neutral way.

I think they are called lunchtime assistants now ?

the big problem if those who disagree with this end up resigning, that gives these workers a clear run at things - in short, they win.
And if he disagrees with the orders and carries on as normal he gets kicked out. It’s a win win for the wokeys.

My simple view is that for a Scout Leader to leave scouting over these guidelines alone then they’d need to feel much more strongly about “not” using these terms than they do about scouting.

That’s of course possible, but I suspect it’s more likely that their heart was no longer in scouting, and this would be a deciding factor after other reasons reduced their commitment and passion.

I think it's more likely that they would simply ignore the directive from above as far as practically possible. Scouting is a structured organisation at group/district/county and headquarter levels. I served on the district team for 5 years and my experience was that the 20 or so groups in the district were largely autonomous and didn't welcome excessive interference from above. You have to remember that Scout leaders are unpaid volunteers in very short supply and what they expect from the hierarchy above them is help to carry out their role not hindrance. The rules and regulations have become increasingly more onerous over the years and sadly some leaders may feel this is an unnecessary hindrance too far.

Scouting is an inclusive organisation that in my time managed differences without fuss. They didn't need to make the leaders job more difficult by proactively promoting the LGBT agenda. Schools are already doing more than enough of that.

I make no comment other than to apologise to anyone that I may have offended.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's only the Daily Wail being the Daily Wail; it's a non-story. Cranks have no sense of humour, and it is reasonable to assume that transgenders have their share of cranks. What has changed is that they get more of an airing these days.

I wonder if Ps. Landy tried to complain to the police that a 'hate crime' had been committed?

(Ps. is short for Person; yes, I just made it up. It seems safest to be non-commital, or maybe I'll be a 'hate criminal' myself...)

Last edited:
you should be safe there, after all, everyone P.s, and that was the route of the original look at me complaint

Probably just jealousy as the blokes were more feminine than ms landy :)

Last edited:
The Daily Mail got one detail bang on:

"A town carnival has been forced to issue an apology after a float that jokingly featured burly men dressed 'as the Olympic 2024 female athletic team' was deemed 'transphobic".

I'd have laughed if I'd seen the float; so I think would 95% of the crowd. I guess the Landy individual falls into the noisy other 5%...

"Teams of seven gather to play the game while running around with broomsticks between their legs". I couldn't possibly comment...

(Thinks: I wonder if Quadball players are known as uadballs...).

It's only the Daily Wail being the Daily Wail; it's a non-story. Cranks have no sense of humour, and it is reasonable to assume that transgenders have their share of cranks. What has changed is that they get more of an airing these days.

I wonder if Ps. Landy tried to complain to the police that a 'hate crime' had been committed?

(Ps. is short for Person; yes, I just made it up. It seems safest to be non-commital, or maybe I'll be a 'hate criminal' myself...)
Ps - oh yes I like that. I'll use it when questioned on this subject by the next call centre keyboard warrior, without explaining what it means.

JK Rowling should sue . She invented that game , she owns it , she owns the copywrite to it . They wouldn't stand a chance in court .

Oh , wait a minute , the game she invented involves actual real flying broomsticks and some kind of flying manic orb with a mind of it's own.

On second thoughts a bunch of deranged losers hobbling around on a grass pitch while clutching an unflightworthy broom between their legs is not the game she invented.

Case dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom