Just humour me for a minute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

As some of you know, I've put my C36 up for sale and was intending to drop a '55 lump in the 'C43, then maybe look at supercharging it.

In a moment of clarity today, this struck me as being a bit silly; why not sell both AMG's and buy a C32? After all, I've got a bit of a crusade to own every C-Class AMG at some point...

I did think of selling them both and putting the proceeds from the sale of my D3 HSE towards an ML63, but I've set my heart on the V8 twin-turbo diesel now.

The moment of clarity has descended back into a haze, so I'd like your thoughts or alternative ideas please.

:D

As I'm sure you know, It's so often easier and cheaper to buy and sell standard cars than to start modifying them. So sell the lot and buy a C32. Then 4 months later sell the C32. Ad infinitum. Die happy and poor :)

I would look at what I primarily want (the V8 CDI, for example) and if the hobbies had to go to fund it, then so be it.

If you end up with what you want (or a newer/better version by using the combined pool of funds) you won't be regretting it.

If you were planning to turn the C43 into an ersatz 'C55', why not just buy a C55? Or do you need a C32 first to maintain the sequence? And you do realise what your mission will result in your owning one day... :devil:

I would look at what I primarily want (the V8 CDI, for example) and if the hobbies had to go to fund it, then so be it.

If you end up with what you want (or a newer/better version by using the combined pool of funds) you won't be regretting it.

The V8 ML is happening, either way pal. :thumb:

Or do you need a C32 first to maintain the sequence? And you do realise what your mission will result in your owning one day... :devil:

If I jump to a W203 C55, that'll do my OCD no good; it has to be in sequence because once I get a W203 C55 then I can't see me going backwards to a C32.

And yes, I've already bought the flack jacket for when the time comes to buy a C63...;)

Surely it must be a C220 CDi estate you long for ...

There is more than a touch of looking in a mirror in my awareness!

Last edited:
Its lucky you are a motor trader. If you were me with my car trading skills you'd be skint

A 202 C55 will be much faster than a C32.

I have proven it at Brunters vmax vs a 400bhp one.

Also at Santa pod I got better 1/4 mile times.

The 202 is better built and much much more reliable than the 203 C32

I would get a late C55 203 if you want a 203. They are great cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom