Just installed iPod kit and have no volume!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigmacplease

Car
W245 B170 & R170 SLK320
Hello,

I've just fitted an iPod kit to my 2007 W245 B Class with Audio 20 head unit. I followed the guides on how to do everything. The iPod shows Mercedes on the screen and it appears on the dash cluster and I can see songs etc but I can't hear anything.

If I set the stereo to max volume I can just hear the music but only just. I have the inline amp installed and it makes no difference with or without.

I tried my iPhone and I could see tracks but not hear a thing!

I've upped the volume by +100% in itunes and it makes no difference.

I've tried the guide that takes you into the hidden memory and made sure the kit is set to maximum and that makes no difference either.

Please help if you have any ideas!!!

on the w211 there is a plug that replaces the aux plug and this is where the sound is transferred from. Is there a similar step on the B Class?

sounds like you have got everything else there.

ok im pretty sure you have missed out on plugging the Aux port in at the back of the headunit or its fallen out when fitting back together. you have to remove the existing Aux connector and replace with the one coming from the ipod kit.

Gents thank you for the replies.

I never had the aux port before and I'm certain everything was plugged in fine.

Would there still be something to unplug?

npuk I have tried that at its set to max volume and I have the inline amp fitted.

The part number is B6 782 45 29 and A2048703994 according to the advert.

I followed the mercupgrades.com guide on the installation process.

Thats an W211 e-class kit which will have different wiring. Wasnt the loom very long as in the W211 it has to run from the glovebox to the boot not to the back of the headunit.

No its not very long at all. Just right to go to the glove box?

They are sending me another box next week so maybe that is the issue. I've not checked the actual part number on the box but that is the number on the add.

a) There is no separate AUX lead to worry about on NTG2 (only on NTG1, i.e E/CLS/SLK)
b) It is probably that you have not plugged the multiway connector into the black iPOD box properly. You have to rotate the grey latch to the open position, then as you push the plug in the latch will rotate, and then lock into place

Richard

Hello Richard, I have the Audio 20 not comand. I definitely plugged the grey connector in correctly as I spent a fair bit of time faffing about with it.

I will pop the foot well cover down tomorrow and check it again though.

Re checked the plug and it was in fine. I've unplugged and re plugged it back in (the box) and no different. I checked the line amp and its made in Germany.

Waiting on new box to arrive! Should have been here yesterday hopefully it will turn up now!!

Footwell is dropped ready and waiting to go....

Installed second box and exactly the same. Seller is refusing to refund saying its my car.

Any help with this?

I've dropped him a PM in hope he might have the answer...

Whats the part number on the black boxes you have?

They are both different but he tells me it makes no difference and all the boxes work on all the cars.

Heres pics

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo4.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom