Just installed reversing camera (wireless)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KevinUK

Car
C220 sport 2011
I used various links for info but paid £12 for the camera £12 for the wireless video link and £5 for the fakra cable.

Attachments

• 20130220_124015.jpg
    20130220_124015.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 505
Installed items

Pics of the components used
Took about an hour mounting the camera,picking up the supply for the camera,removing the stereo,plugging in the video input and supply for the video reciever.

Attachments

• 20130218_090901.jpg
    20130218_090901.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 346
  • 20130218_090756.jpg
    20130218_090756.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 323
Problems

Only problem I came across was that the Fakra socket on the stereo was a twin input with a single video into it.That meant i had to strip down my fakra connector to go into the shell that was already there. The wireless video works really well especially for the price.

Attachments

• 20130220_113534.jpg
    20130220_113534.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 272
looks handy

any more details?

What model stereo/system do you have.

is stereo easy to get out?

Any one know if this would work on my comand NTG1 with the green connector?

Its comand online NTG4.5.It already has video in for camera . I just had to enable it in the hidden menu. Theres loads of guides to do it all. If you have any questions fire away.

Hmm, you don't happen to know if the NTG2.5 has video in as well? I have the DVD player and wondered if there is also a input as I already have a wireless reversing camera kit from another vehicle, wondered if I could fit that as the CLS is a pain to see rearwards!

Sorry I'm not sure but if you search Im sure you'd find if its possible

I don't think Audio 20 has the video input to do this

Looks great, good effort!

Do you have links for these items? Was gonna give this a bash for my Comand

Cheers

Its comand online NTG4.5.It already has video in for camera . I just had to enable it in the hidden menu. Theres loads of guides to do it all. If you have any questions fire away.

Any chance of you doing a guide on doing this mate ?

What was the total cost of the parts you used ?

Was it not £29?

Hmm, you don't happen to know if the NTG2.5 has video in as well? I have the DVD player and wondered if there is also a input as I already have a wireless reversing camera kit from another vehicle, wondered if I could fit that as the CLS is a pain to see rearwards!

Yes NTG2.5 supports camera input, though my understanding is that (on the NTG2.5 at least) the rear view camera needs to be enabled on COMAND using MB STAR i.e. it is not possible to enable it simply using 'hidden menu'.

Once enabled, COMAND will switch to rearview camera whenever reverse is engaged.

Ill do a right up over the weekend eith more pics but most of how to do it was from guides online

NTG2.5 COMAND (not Audio 20) has green fakra for reversing camera, and also 1 extra video-aux input (on the 18 way connector) for Media Interface Video, Video AUX, or TV video feed. These features need Star Diagnosis to enable. Camera needs SCN coding. If you just have AUX it can be made into a video AUX just using one of the configuration options on Star Diagnosis. If you have Media interface you just use the video-aux cable that plugs into the MI socket.

In the new A / B class, there is an Audio-20 also that supports Reversing camera, however it looks like it is normally only fitted when you have reversing camera - the default hardware is missing the video in.

R

KevinUK said:
Ill do a right up over the weekend eith more pics but most of how to do it was from guides online

Good man, look forward to it!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom