Just Insured C63 Cheaper Than 520d!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Liddo

Car
C63 W205
Evening All

I'm not sure how these car insurance people work things out, but I've just insured my C63 (arrives Thursday) cheaper than my leased BM 520d M Sport! WTF!

Anyway, I went through Confused.com and Tesco came out £50 cheaper than anyone else. I'm well happy with that quote

:D

Evening All

I'm not sure how these car insurance people work things out, but I've just insured my C63 (arrives Thursday) cheaper than my leased BM 520d M Sport! WTF!

Anyway, I went through Confused.com and Tesco came out £50 cheaper than anyone else. I'm well happy with that quote

:D
If you don’t mind asking me what are the two prices?

My CLS55 was cheaper to insure than my C270cdi. Same insurer, same cover, same address... :dk:

I've just had a WTF from Tescos (and not in a good way)
Tescos quoted me £642.58 renewal for a 55 ML500 (keeping in mind I'm v.old and no probs) - apparently I paid £605.13 last year (scammed by swapping vehicles mid-term). Went for a quote with Comparethemarket - Tescos came in via that service at £577.99 and several others came in cheaper but this years winner is the Co-Op with a mere £375.51. That's 10 minutes looking into it and I'll give it maybe another half an hour to see if I can improve on that tomorrow BUT certainly deserves a "WTF!!!" award for being f'ckin' useless.
Only prob is I was with the COOP back in 2012 when I was driven into by an uninsured driver smackhead w'nker and they were absolutely useless - swore I'd never use them again..... still £267's £267 ;)

That’s WELL cheap compared to the rest though! Do they come through via Comparethemarket aswell?? I’ve never seen them on comparison sites

Yup, I know - thought I was going to have to not mention it to my wife ( ahem) when Tesco's quote came through. Last car was a Volvo C70 MK1 @ £250 and ML500 was a bit of an indulgence - want to drive a 5lV8 one last time before they force us all into electric self-driving Jonny cabs!! Luckily she loves it and the coop quote was a triumph 😁👌.
Yes, it came through on comparethemarket quotes.
I don't know if they turned up on comparethemarket due to us being coop members. It seemed to know so I must've entered our membership details at some point in the past.

My renewal is coming up and it is looking like I am going to be going with Mercedes Insurance!!!!!! Since when did the dealers become an option????? Have been with LV for years for the C63 and previously the C43 but this year they have rocketed!!!!!

Hiya, £430 for the C63 with Tesco, and £486 for the 520d with Admiral

Crazy ;)

Seeing this makes me want to cry!

Im 23, have been driving for 4 years with 4 years no claims and my insurance is £700 on a 1.6 turbo hahahah

I would say that is very cheap, given your age
Yeah I would agree, the only reason I’m even contemplating looking into these cars. Due to my age an insurance quote is what I run first. Wanted an M2, ran a quote and got hit with £2000/3000. Unusual that the merc equivalent is so much cheaper (more expensive to finance and less young idiots skelping them about I guess)

I would happily pay relatively expensive insurance due to being young, than pay less and be older :)

Already ran one for a C43 and a A45 (2020), both £950ish, I was shocked! probably due to the fact they're nearly brand new and my car is 5 years old now! God knows how they work it out, mental haha!
That seems very reasonable.

My CLS55 AMG was cheaper than my CLK270 CDI...
My Smart ForFour costs three times more than my ML 63 AMG.

Same two drivers, same 10k pa mileage, same multi-car policy, same everything! To be fair the ML 63 AMG is only just £100 this year following the refund issued as part of their COVID-19 give back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom