Just introducing myself.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Hello,

I just joined this site, Hi.

I am a huge fan of the W124 range car..

What do you drive? whats your thoughts on the W124? I own various models of Mercedes, but my oldest car is still my Fav - the W124 Cabriolet 320 sportline.

Hows your day been?

Welcome 'BOSS' it's bloody freeeezing,

Here you will find a lot of talented people to answer all your questions and help with any probs you have with your cars,

I drive a W211 E320CDI and love it to bits!!:)

Great selection of cars there BOSS.

The 124 cab in E36 or E320 form are a beautiful example of a proper MB.

Welcome to the forum.

Also nice collection of cars you've got there. Post some pics of them.:)

some of the BMW

DSC02264.JPG
DSC02266.JPG
DSC02269.JPG
DSC02270.JPG
DSC02271.JPG
DSC02272.JPG
DSC02275.JPG
DSC02276.JPG
DSC02277.JPG
DSC02278.JPG
DSC02279.JPG
DSC02283.JPG

Yes, the w124 is exceptional.

The quality surpasses all the other cars i have..

The doors are clunky and heavy, no creeking of plastics or anything you find in all other cars..

What do you drive?

i have been looking at acquiring another w124 cabrio.. in mixed minds about a post facelift or pre facelift, as i find both equally attractive, but the pre facelift of 92-93 has a look which is more majestic and perhaps a little more pedigree, whilst the post 94 models are very soft, less agressive, but very elegant.

Another reason why i love the W124 cabrio is my fully comp insurance is only £250 with out it utilizing any of my no claims discount... must be the insurance of choice for anyone :)

Hi Welcome aboard...and err, nice fleet you have there :cool:

Matt, i truly love the sport clks.. Excellent modern cabrios.. very different from my w124, but both excel in their own ways.

Nice SLK too.. we have the same model, early UK car we got in 1998 on R reg.. going string, 105k miles... in blue/green chameleon designo.. though now with the mileage, the car really has lost its sparkle unfortunatly.. i know its all good under the muck though :)

very nice fleet, I'm a noob to the forums too with a W124 back home.

nice to know how a succesful management accountant can have very nice cars!

Very nice fleet indeed. Welcome to MBClub.

Pics of the 124 though please:)

welcome to you both......hope you enjoy yourselves..:rock:

TypeJr..

lol. um management accounting didnt get me these cars..

i manufacture various products in the UK and abroad exclusive to my company - Premium commerical and residential LED lighting and made to measure Wooden Window Blinds are our specialty - Accounting is what i studied back in my uni days in Bristol..

what do you do yourself?

The BMW is forgiven now that it appears to be on sale. :D

I've owned a W124 (and an S124) and MBs before and after that, I agree that it is a great car when compared to others of the same age but I don't see how it could be compared with the current model cars in absolute terms (like the current ones you seem to have).

Hi Diesel

Hello

you are totally correct, they cant be compared..

Each to their own.. The S class is relaxing, the E saloon more energetic, The 124 is just classy, the SLK, more of a work horse these days.. BMW.. um.. it was for sale, but um.. i have since decided on keeping it... sorry ...

It might go in March next year.. will see whats available then.. i fancy a smart car though :)

Thanks, gotta say love the CLK350 and with the exception of the AMG Engine, has the full AMG sports package and is fully spec'd... oh except proximity sensors as my wife keeps pointing out.

The SLK32AMG is just a peach, had it from new and it always puts a smile on my face. :D Very different character to the R170 230 and 320. If it has a weakness it's the steering if I'm being honest, and perhaps the handling could be tighter. But hey it wasn't supposed to be a Porsche. Been there and done that.

W124 gotta say lovely car and as you rightly say excels in its own right. :rock:

Nice cars and welcome

Whats the BM? is it s 325ci with the kit / M3 bits as I noticed the speedo has no M3 markings etc.

I had a 330Ci M-sport convertible before moving to Mercs, actually a nice car I was supprised.

Lke the SL / S class. Must be hard choosing which car to take in the morning :)

Hi AMG.

Thanks.. ya.. tough choice in the mornings lol..

My daily is the slk200, but for corporates, i use the S, weekends maybe the sl. I use my W124 only once a month for a drive to sunday pub lunch, and the bmw is a 325ci, had a conversion done, for the bodykit excludng rear arches, and just looks alot more tidier. I had a 330ci, was great, but i found it way too powerful.. funny to say that compared to sl55, but the sl delivers the power very differently to the BMW, plus BMW steering is much lighted than mercedes so i dont always feel in coontrol, hence 325 is more than adequate on the car, but my partner uses it more than i do, otherwise she has a new TT.. really i shouldnt mention these brands here :)

She is more of an Audi girl, im more of a Benz guy, Benz has more heritage, thus we win ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom