Just joined the club...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greyman63

Car
CLS55
With a black on black CLS55!

Picking it up tomorrow and can't wait!

The CLS wasn't even on my radar until about 10 days ago. For the last couple of months I have been looking at CL63's...then as I found one that suited I was thinking that its not really the right fit so started looking at fast four doors.

When it came to the CLS I did have to ask myself a few questions... Did mileage matter? I deducted that a higher mileage car has probably been doing longer motorway trips so the engine shouldn't have been stressed that much. Also with a full service history it shouldn't raise any concerns.
Do I really need ventilated seats? I have used them in the new S Class and wasn't that impressed so figured not a deal-breaker.
Do I need Keyless go? I do like to press a button (obviously haven't grown up!:D) to start a car but I can use a key so no.
Do I need a rear blind? Might be nice but not essential.
Do I need a sunroof? Never use the one on my car now so no.
Do I need remote boot? YEP!

I can honestly say that I've never bought a used car that has been so immaculately looked after! There's hardly a mark on the exterior and inside its like new! The previous owner since 2012 had everything done, even putting new headlights in at a cost of over £1k. Seat pumps, engine / transmission mounts, brake hoses...There's probably an hours worth of reading as there are so many invoices but it seems everything has been done in the last couple of years and it has full service history to back everything up.
Spec-wise it has parktronic, radar cruise, linguatronic, Comand, massage/dynamic seats, remote boot and a few other bits.

I do have one question...once I sync my phone up to bluetooth, can I play music through the system?

Will post some pictures once I get it home, but I'm certainly looking forwards to the hour drive tomorrow morning!

Nice choice, every time i look at changing the CLS isn't far away from my mind. Look forward to the pictures.

Love it!
Will post some better pictures once we get a nice day and she's clean!

cls1.jpg
cls2.jpg
IMG_20161112_142951.jpg
view

Love em. But you cant use all that power when the roads are mildly moist. I had a few twitcy moments today... I love it but the wife $hits bricks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love em. But you cant use all that power when the roads are mildly moist. I had a few twitcy moments today... I love it but the wife $hits bricks lol

You cant use all the power in a hot hatch when the roads are moist either mate.

Great car, although mine wasn't from the AMG stable i sold it in August and have regretted it from the moment the new owner drove off, knee jerked into to a CLK 280 AMG kit ( family growing, wifey got a nice newer MB) now it feels like driving a car hue from paper compared to the CLS:doh:, just looked at ICE VIOLET'S car member he put his car up at the same time as mine ad for his 07 5.5 AMG kit 8k so much car. i could repeatedly punch myself in the privates for that move.

IMO they just are just class.

Apologies for going off topic.. just missing the CLS and buying a CLK! What was i thinking.

Last edited:
Here's a better picture!

Was hammering it down all day when I picked it up so was a very muted drive back.

There is a kind of comfort knowing that you're in a big saloon that will give a 911 a run for its money!

Even driving to the gym feels like its a drive with purpose!

So day two of ownership and I couldn't be happier!

8cf0ca0b24.jpg

After the first week

Its been 7 days with my first AMG so here are some stats for anyone thinking of getting one...

To fill the tank with super from 1/4 to full cost £80.

Did one drive into London and got 9mpg. Forgot how terrible that drive is as it took me two hours to do 12 miles! However it was a lovely comfortable place to sit and the massaging seat really did come in handy!

Did a round trip of 70 miles which was mostly cruising at 70 and got 23mpg.

These cars are great if you're looking to improve your fitness as you find you park as far away as possible from other cars and usually the actual place you want to go. That said there's always one person who really must park next to you as I did find out!

I also like how rare the CLS55 is. I haven't seen one for a while now so it does feel like you have something a bit special.

I would advise that if your car comes bluetooth ready that the actual adapter is included as its painful to keep being out bid in the last 2 seconds on ebay!

I think I'm going to be surprised for a while at just how fast this car is!

Overall verdict...whats not to love! :bannana:

Greyman63 said:
These cars are great if you're looking to improve your fitness as you find you park as far away as possible from other cars and usually the actual place you want to go. That said there's always one person who really must park next to you as I did find out

Why,why,why do people do this?

That's the trouble with having a nice motor.
Every trip has to be planned out with, "where will I park when I get there...?"
Still well worth owning though..
Enjoy....

So not 24 hours after my post about the first week, I'm standing next to it talking to someone about how amazing it is when there's a loud pop and hiss and the suspension drops. Warning lights on the dash not to drive so called recovery to get home.

It was also my birthday and I had shopping and a cake in the car. By the time I got back it was close to 10pm and the party had obviously started without me lol.

Will be dealing with the warranty company this morning so hopefully that will be straightforward. This was the only part I couldn't see being replaced so it didn't come as a huge shock and at least I wasn't driving when it happened.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Mine was reolaced in 2013. Bill from MB £1800!
Hope the warranty covers you mate.

Not sure...It sounded like that as the hiss was from the N/S front wheel, but just spoken to an independent who said when the compressor goes the car doesn't usually drop?

I'm only covered to £1k so will be interesting!

Not sure...It sounded like that as the hiss was from the N/S front wheel, but just spoken to an independent who said when the compressor goes the car doesn't usually drop?

I'm only covered to £1k so will be interesting!

When the compressor fails, the car will drop. I've experience this first hand with my partner's GL320 a few years back. You can drive the car but it's not a pleasant drive. But you can still drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom