Just like Cornwall do you need to be dead before accepted into a community?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Transalpir

Car
E320 cdi, C200 & C220cdi, Transalp 650
I thought i'd do a write up of the jobs i'm doing on the 320cdi. Started the process n then found it imposible to insert a photo from my files. So, with the link it tries to offer thought I put them in an album on here, then copy n paste....But no chance, I can't:wallbash:

Now may be its just me being thick...I'm not the most tech savey in the world...these machines don't respond well to hammers, though the gaffer tape holds all the pieces together!;)

Could it be that the site likes you to have member ship for a time first, a bit like moving to Cornwall...they recon you'll be dead before you're considered acceptable, assuming you're buried in the county that is.:eek:

I had hoped to give a little back, as there are pleaty of reads and few responces to any threads I've started, thought a write up with pics may help another.

I've had to do things a little differantly as I live beside a main road, have no access to a garage and have a busy bus stop at the end of the drive. The local scap collectors think nothing of stopping and taking (without permission any thing they can weigh in. So great cre is taken to ensure the car looks normal from the road and that few tools are ever on view to possible scrotts hanging aroung the bus stop!!

Sorry should be in "General" but unable to change that now aswell. Sarted there as thats where the first doing it post was headed!

Last edited:
Hi,I have yet to insert photographs into a post/thread, today, I thought there must be somewhere on the forum that explains things. I found it under FAQ. Tomorrow I might try to put some photographs up, Perhaps.:)

Upload your pictures to a photo hosting website, photobucket is good. Then simply paste the image tag into the post.

Upload your pictures to a photo hosting website, photobucket is good. Then simply paste the image tag into the post.

+1 When your typing your post, the insert image button is the yellow square above your text. Clicking this will open a little box to paste the image code into.

+1 When your typing your post, the insert image button is the yellow square above your text. Clicking this will open a little box to paste the image code into.

Works but not needed, simply paste the IMG code directly into the post

[IMG*]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x223/Whitenemesis_photos/Smileys/01ba97bf.gif[/IMG*]

or without the * (inserted for demo only)

01ba97bf.gif

Works but not needed, simply paste the IMG code directly into the post

[IMG*]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x223/Whitenemesis_photos/Smileys/01ba97bf.gif[/IMG*]

or without the * (inserted for demo only)

01ba97bf.gif

I didnt know you could do that, they say you never stop learning. :eek:

I struggle to get pics on too (my album took me yonks, and it's like a joke shop in there). It's not about being accepted, Transalpir. The people on here are great.

It's a great forum, and folk will enjoy your progress.

Are you posting from an IPad? I can't seem to get any photos to transfer from safari. The Lad installed another app or browser (whatever they are) to facilitate photos.

Good luck! :thumb:

Failed

as expected then....

P1000313.jpg

You just click the IMG code to the right of that picture on photobucket and paste it here.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Link works then

I've just tried the above link... this works n opens the image . not ideal sa I'd like the image to show in the thread as thats so much better to follow than having to keep teleporting to another site for each pic.

I,ll try again tommorow I think!:D

transalpir
Here is my first try using photo bucket this is alink to the pic that should be showing here.

Home designed and fabricated engine support & the bonnet shuts too! picture by transalpir - Photobucket

I notice there's a red X in the image box, Iguess this won't work but ill try

This is what you need to post... the img tag in the box at the bottom on the right in your link above

If you click on "quote" at the bottom of this post you will see what it looks like...

P1000313.jpg

Just click the IMG code, it'll automatically copy, then past into your post

Thank!!!s to one and all I now think I have it!

:thumb:
As above will do a start on the project tommorow now I know what/where the link is found!!

Looked like others may have strugled with this too!

Once again thanks to all for the "show n tell"

People on here are good and don't often shoot you down. I had a similar problem with adding a hyperlink to other sites, and was helped by the kind folk on here.

It took me a while to get the hang of it as I am pretty much computer illiterate.

Thanks to all for the help.

Not started to write up as planned due to my wife reminding me that we where going on holiday and did I plan to do it then or could it wait till we returned?

Now home and hope to make a start on the writting of work done and whats next.

Not started to write up as planned due to my wife reminding me that we where going on holiday

I hope you put the head back on before attempting to travel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom