Just moved over to Mercedes E63 from RS6/GTR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FateSynchro

Car
E63 AMG S / Ford Ranger Hawk 2018 / MG ZT / MG ZR Turbo
Hey,

So after owning a nice RS6 V10 and the moving that on for a Nissan GTR both over 700bhp
I decided that after 3 months the GTR was boring and expensive to go places with, i also didnt enjoy driving it day to day... but thats a load of detail for another day.
So i am now the Proud owner of a E63 AMG S 2014 with only 25k on the clock, its running a remap/downpipes/centre pipe from MSL and is sat at about 737bhp so im happy enough for now.
Just ordered new plugs (OEM Merc) and a gearbox oil change kit (OEM Merc) recently did the diff oil (Castrol Syntrax 75w 140) as i had some left over from doing my GTR and the state of what came out was quite worrying even after only 25k miles.
Engine oil was changed for Gulf Racing 5w-40 and a Mann filter.

I've ordered a carsoft MI6 unit for reading and erasing codes etc!

Anyway i want some wheels, i have a slight knocking from the front bottom right corner over rough terrain which i have no idea otherwise the car is literally amazing.

One pic next to my dad old W211 AMG with just 42k on it!
psojd.jpg

Congratulations! I have a non-S version of the same car, same age (14 plate MY14), but with the Limited Slip differential. My car has done 20k miles. What specifically worried you about the fluid that came out of yours?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Congratulations! I have a non-S version of the same car, same age (14 plate MY14), but with the Limited Slip differential. My car has done 20k miles. What specifically worried you about the fluid that came out of yours?

They overall car is a peach, i genuinely get butterflies driving it hard, and coming from the GTR/RS6 that didnt even make your heart race to something in this category that gets me some good thrills is amazing.
The steering on the S model is so precise and agile, the factory LSD makes a huge difference.
The only thing that concerned me with the oil is it looked like it had been drained out of an old Diesel A4 with 200k on the clock, it was black and had some metal paste in it, i mean usual diff wear by the looks of it, its a very overworked component so will take a lot of strain.
The Castrol oil is great, less lockup when cold, i'll be doing another drain in 3000 miles just to make sure the new fluid is clean.
On a side not i love how easy it is to work on, doing the oil/filter was so simple, even replacing the plugs was straight forward compared to my RS6, only downside is needing the wobbly 12mm spark plug tool for the multi hex plugs.

I also need to find out how to lower the thing, with it being bags/springs i cant imagine there is a specific kit available?
Also its very hard to find any tuning bits really...

Thanks for the explanation. I'll have the workshop do a diff-oil change on next service.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll have the workshop do a diff-oil change on next service.

I would certainly reccommend it :)

For the sake of £30 on 2 litres of Castrol Syntrax its pennies against the cost of a new diff.
I find it odd how it only has one change interval in the service plan.

Great looking E63S there.
They overall car is a peach, i genuinely get butterflies driving it hard, and coming from the GTR/RS6 that didnt even make your heart race to something in this category that gets me some good thrills is amazing....

Nothing can replicate that twinge a powerful RWD car gives your balls when you push it just that little bit too much...

Great looking E63S there.

Nothing can replicate that twinge a powerful RWD car gives your balls when you push it just that little bit too much...

Agreed SPX - Thing i love about this is its actually very poised and eager to play, you can easily power on mid corner without it wanting to kill you (within reason)
It doesnt drive like any RWD i've used before, the diff is a masterpiece.

The ride is a bit crashy on rough roads but a dream everywhere else, but then flick it into sport 2 and its lovely and stiff without too much body roll considering the fact its an E class and it drives like it does it really has opened my eyes to Merc's
And that V8 rumble, holy hell i've never been a fan of v8's but this is just the nicest most angry sounding car i've ever owned.

I cant praise it enough, 2 weeks of ownership and i honestly couldnt be happier with it.
I've done nearly 1300 miles in that time :O the only time i did that before now was when i first passed my test!!!
The adaptive headlights/cruise and self parking thing keep me amused too!

I find it odd how it only has one change interval in the service plan.
It doesn't. I can't remember the mileage interval, but the LSD does have associated regular oil changes in the service schedule.

That looks great and sounds like it really hits the spot as being fun to drive. Love it

It's such a complete car.

I've just bought a 2001 E63 with 40K. I'll be checking the diff oil very soon after reading your post, just to make sure!

5TC said:
I've just bought a 2001 E63 with 40K. I'll be checking the diff oil very soon after reading your post, just to make sure!

2001 e63 ?

2001 e63 ?

2011 I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom