Just one day to go before I pick up my new to mw C250 AMG Line Premium Plus Estate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've had the hots for an XC60 for a few years but over my budget and the depreciation on a new one seems horrendous. What didn't you like about it ??

It does everything it says on the box. Mine was a 16 plate SE LUX NAV. D4. Never felt any attachment to it but it was comfortable, economical, reasonably quick but incredibly boring to drive.Stories about EGR valve and cooler issues together with the "recall" for melting inlet manifolds did not give much confidence in the vaunted Volvo quality. Then the balance shaft module showed evidence of misaligned gear whine. That was when camels and straws came into play. 29k on the clock in 4 years.
Hasten to say that there are loads out there that have no issues whatsoever.

I know. It would have to live on the boot floor and share it with the dog. The more I think about it, the more I am in favour of the run flats in spite of their hard ride.

When did you last get a puncture that stopped you from getting home? I've been driving for +50 years and cannot recall when I last got a flat (if ever). You'd be happier with normal tyres and smaller rims (runflats are also more expensive).

My car and my wife's both have the tyre fit kits which seem to be the standard now...If you have AA or RAC etc they will also help you.

Reactions: JHS
I realise that your not alone in carrying the dog in the rear of an estate car but I wonder, even with a dog guard, what'll hit you in the back of the head first , in the event of a collision, the dog or the spare wheel. :eek:

A cousin of mine was killed that way (many years ago - 1960s). They were on a trip, got a flat, changed it and being in a rush, put the wheel on the back seat Got into an accident and the wheel broke his neck.

I have given up on the spare wheel issue,staying with run flats ....at least for now.
Car continues to please. Had 53.8 mpg(according to the read out) on a run to Stamford today so pleasantly surprised. Sure that this will not be replicated very often!
While cleaning the car on Saturday I noticed that some vandal had scrawled his name on the bottom of my windscreen. Some bloke called Carl Benz.😂

I have given up on the spare wheel issue,staying with run flats ....at least for now.
Car continues to please. Had 53.8 mpg(according to the read out) on a run to Stamford today so pleasantly surprised. Sure that this will not be replicated very often!
While cleaning the car on Saturday I noticed that some vandal had scrawled his name on the bottom of my windscreen. Some bloke called Carl Benz.😂
Carl Benz tagged our windscreen too. My son in law's Mercedes windscreen was tagged by somebody called Gottlieb Daimler... :)

Hello and welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom