Just ordered this dash camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a good price . Do you think they have made a mistake and priced it as a 200 model? They are about that price without gps.

I've just installed a NextBase 402G Professional (from 3WiseMonkeys) that was £140 delivered including 32Gig card and carry case. Preferred one with GPS built in rather than separate GPS receiver, less clutter on and around the dash! Tested it last evening and am well pleased.

Hi Eddie,
I got that one too a couple of weeks ago, so far so good, did you get the separate suction mount though?

After reading the Amazon review I ordered it from the start.

Thanks
p

I think mine is supplied with the suction cup only, how did you find it, does it show much behind the mirror? have you wired yours in or are you using the power / cigarette socket. Cheers Eddie

Well it arrived today, really good quality camera, it came with a suction cup fitment.
Dead easy to set up, got it in the car, up and running in about 15 minutes. I positioned the camera on the passenger side to the left of the mirro and I draped the cable (which is quite thick) over the mirror then tucked it up in the headlining, ran it down inside the trim by the windscreen then under the door rubber, under the dash, poked it up under the edge of the centre consul and plugged the connecter into the socket. Couple of minor gripes the unit does not come with a mini B usb cable so I have ordered one from Fleabay. Also the plug is quite large and I can't shut the cover when its plugged in. The camera is not the smallest in the world and is visible from the outside. Overall though it is a high quality item in professional packing with simple clear instructions, well worth the less than £90 I paid for it. It is the Transcend drive pro 220 with GPS. See my fist post for ebuyer link. The camera is £129 at most shops but under £90 with free post on ebuyer

One thing to look out for on some of these cameras is that it might seem as though it is recording when in fact it isn't.

I've got one (only cost £40) and I have to hard reset it every so often otherwise the recording is incomplete and jumps from frame to frame with the recording frozen for a good few seconds on the same frame, even though the light on the outside was still flashing as normal.

I've bought 2 cameras for our cars, one with a foldaway screen, one with fixed screen, and the foldaway is so much more convenient, in that it can be mounted almost anywhere. The fixed screen one has to be behind the mirror, otherwise it's very distracting, especially after dark.

I've bought 2 cameras for our cars, one with a foldaway screen, one with fixed screen, and the foldaway is so much more convenient, in that it can be mounted almost anywhere. The fixed screen one has to be behind the mirror, otherwise it's very distracting, especially after dark.

Mine has a fixed screen which turns itself off after a set period of time, I can change this in the settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom