Just ordered!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Originally posted by joe
(Anyone like to buy a white c 180 manual??...lol)
Yes, I will hopefully be buying a white ANYTHING next summer when I have to provide a wedding car for my Sister and Bloodmoon's wedding ;)

Oy Nick!

(from a Brilliant Silver owner)

Er, the wife's car is silver as well......

Originally posted by GregE240
Oy Nick!

(from a Brilliant Silver owner)

Er, the wife's car is silver as well......
47% of all new cars sold are silver.

Originally posted by Shude
994 mate :)

Amethyst is a lovely colour.

No offence to 744 owners, but IMHO brilliant silver is BORING! 50% of all MBs made are coloured 744 brilliant silver, making it statistically the most predictable and average colour you can buy! I'm not saying it doesn't look nice; it looks great, I just think with all the other beautiful colours available it's a shame to choose the same as everyone else. I bought my car second hand so I didn't have the luxury of chosing from such a huge selection, if I was buying a brand new car then I would take the colour selection very seriously!

I would prolly go for 189 emerald black in the end... :D

Nick,

Remember that Sunstone Orange W202 that was up for grabs when you were looking for a replacement car? :cool: Mmm excellent colour... I wonder what that W202 is doing now, must have been sold by now surely.

S.

Sorry to disappoint, but I did order the Brilliant Silver. That's the only colour they had in stock with the specs that I wanted.

Leather Twin is not Part Leather. The dealer showed me and it looks eactly like leather, but is a mixture of leather and 'man-made' products (vinyl).

Will post pics when I do get it! Definitely.... and I just called the dealer and delivery will be next Friday! Can't wait.....

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
Remember that Sunstone Orange W202 that was up for grabs when you were looking for a replacement car? :cool: Mmm excellent colour... I wonder what that W202 is doing now, must have been sold by now surely.
Now that's a nice unusual colour!

Originally posted by gklau
Sorry to disappoint, but I did order the Brilliant Silver. That's the only colour they had in stock with the specs that I wanted.
Lol! I knew it! :D

So the car was "in stock?". *sigh* I thought when you bought an MB you got a car made especially for you, I guess this is why they have "packs" on them now so they make hundreds of "blanks" and then fit the packs and options when the car is actually ordered by the customer. It's a shame really.

Yeah, I was sreally lucky though. The car was just delivered to another dealer in the UK. Plus, I got a great deal on it.

If I had ordered it, the dealer said that I would have to wait until October or November for delivery! I thought that was a long time to wait. How long did you guys have to wait for your cars?

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Sounds very nice.

Exciting to order and collect so soon.

What is Leather twin??

Its what ive got in mine.

Its got leather up the middle of the seats and leather reproduction up the outside and costs £350 :) as againsed £1200 for leather and you can't tell the diference on the seats.

I thought it was only avalible on the classic and the elegance tho :confused:

How long did you guys have to wait for your cars?

8 MONTHS. but when I ordered it they hadn't even started production.

Ordered in May 2002 - Production started in July for September deliveries and I got mine in January.

Now they are a genuine 9 months delivery.

Hey Jason,

You are right, but leather twin can be had with either the Sports package or the AMG package.

Still waiting for mine (e270), ordered mid february, been told it should (didnt like the "should" !) arrive at the dealers next week, suppose it will be a week after that before I get my hands on it !?!

Been reading this site with interest after finding it recently . Just ordered a new SILVER (like the colour even if it places me with the masses) C180 Avantgarde SE with Anthracite Leather for pick up on 1st August. Also got a very good deal.... Moving back from Texas and landing on 1st August so I need a car now and was quoted October delivery if I wanted rear side airbags and ISOFIX seats (for my wee girls). Cant wait although sorry to see my Grand Cherokee Limited go tomorrow (now got a nasty AVIS generic US saloon). Last UK car was new BMW 3 series and it killed me to have to sell it after only a few months when we went out to the US, BMW service was absolutely fantastic so a little bit concerned about some of the Mercedes service stories here.....

But fancied a change from BMW , Audi looked worthy but dull, BMW are bringing out a new version in next year or so and the Merc looks great and is supposed to be really quiet (hope this proves to be the case). Test drove both in UK and US.

Hey guys, I still have 6 more days to wait...

By the way, does anyone know the 'proper' way how to break-in/run-in a new engine? Some say drive as you would normally drive. Others say take it easy and don't push the revs, at least for the first 1000 miles

Any experiences and advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Gary

By the way, does anyone know the 'proper' way how to break-in/run-in a new engine? Some say drive as you would normally drive. Others say take it easy and don't push the revs, at least for the first 1000 miles
Hit the motorway, set the cruise control to 60mph and drive all the way to John O'Groats and back. Then take the car in the next day for the 1000 mile oil change. :D

They don't advise/do a 1000 mile oil change Nick, first oil change isn't till about 15000!

Originally posted by RichardM
They don't advise/do a 1000 mile oil change Nick, first oil change isn't till about 15000!
Lol what would I know anyway? I've never owned a new car...I let someone else handle all the new car worries, hassles and depreciation then I buy it off them when they're bored with it :)

Hey guys, I still have 6 more days to wait...

Any experiences and advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Gary

Running in a new Petrol or Diesel engine.

Do not exceed two-thirds of max revs, ie Diesel 3000rpm and Petrol 4000rpm. Do not use kick-down. Do not labour engine in high gear, ie up a hill. Do not use engine as brake.

This for the first 1500 miles. Then "gradually open it up".

Thanks Brian. Much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom