Just ordered!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Originally posted by gklau
Hey guys, I still have 6 more days to wait...

By the way, does anyone know the 'proper' way how to break-in/run-in a new engine? Some say drive as you would normally drive. Others say take it easy and don't push the revs, at least for the first 1000 miles

Any experiences and advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Gary

Most importantly - remember to wipe off all the drools you will leave over it for at least the first 1000 miles of smiles!

Gary.................I realise you picked your Car up on Friday:D , but you must exit the Car now and then to go the toilet etc..lol...please put some pics and a report....

Joe:bannana:

Hey joe and everyone,

Yes I did pick up my car on Friday, but I couldn't pull myself away from it all weekend! Actually, I went up to Yorkshire (girlfriend's parents live there) and I already did about 400 miles on the car. Motorway driving was a breeze, but I really tested the car on the country roads up around the dales to the west of Harrogate.

The car is lovely, and the suspension is awesome! When I ordered the car, I was worried that the suspension would be too firm. Even on the bumpy countryside roads, the sports suspension smoothed all bumps and potholes. Really, there's nothing I can complain about the car.

I haven't driven at night, so I can't comment on the brightness or clarity of the bi-xenons, but aesthetically, they really make the car stand out. Mercedes really should think about having clear lenses on the C-class like on all the other current model lines.

The other elements of the sports pack really make the car look quite snazzy. The wheels are 17", similar to the SLK wheels (which I think are 16"), but they look huge on the C-class for some reason. There are look-alike AMG calipers on drilled rotars, with Mercedes-Benz lettering, but only the front wheels. Finally, there is a huge oval chrome exhaust pipe on the rear.

The interior is not really noticeably different from the avantgarde interior (I ordered leather twin), but the gearshift knob is all leather and has a shorter throw. I personally don't really like it, and I may change it later. There are sports seats with a lot of lumbar support. I really holds you in on those sharp corners, but I won't suit everyone. I'm around 175cm and 12 stone, but for those larger drivers, the seats may be a bit tight and uncomfortable. Also, I could do with a lumbar support of some sort, but still are quite comfortable on those long drives. Finally, it comes complete with a chrome pedal with studs mod!

Going back to the topic of the gearshift, can it be removed easily? I have read in mbworld.org that you have to remove the chrome surround on the W203 and lift it above the gearshift because there is a locking mechanism on the underside. Can anymore confirm this?

I know that this post would have benefited from some pics, but I don't have a digital camera! When I get my film developed, I'll post them proudly in the Member's section.

Congrats Gary, welcome to the modern world.:D :D

Get those pictures developed, or we might think that this new car is all in the mind.:D :D LOL

Great report Gary.
I am delighted you are pleased with your purchase.
I look forward to seeing the pics.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom