Just passing the Thunderbird premiere..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uumode

MB Enthusiast
Car
C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
Just passing the Thunderbird premiere in Leicester Square today,
and almost all the cars were silver S classes with blacked out windows.
If it wasn't a silver S class, it was a silver MPV!

tbprem.jpg

Steve_Perry said:
FAO Shude, I think I've just spotted a number plate for you :p 'NIC KKX'
The best thing about plates like that is that if someone spots your car and tries to remember the plate, they will mostly likely forget whether it was KKX or XKX or XXK or KXX or whatever at the end :) . The secret to choosing impossible-to-remember licence plate letter combos is to make them tongue-twisters, if you can't say it without struggling then memorising will be tricky too :)

Is that apart from the fact that it could get the driver a £1000 fine and the chance of losing the plate?
This is now being targeted much more than of late. The reason being all the automatic number plate readers around.
DVLA will sell it to you but mess about with it and they'll have it back in a flash without refund.
2 silver Mercedes and 2 hefty fines. :eek:

Hmm, NICKKX would never have been issued as a UK plate, wonder if it's N10 KKX with a judiciously placed white bolt? If so, beware even more, the traffic cops I know say they never bother pulling for spacing in the absence of other offences but try and make the numbers or letters read wrongly so that you can't make out what it is and they'll have you straight away!

Aswall said:
Hmm, NICKKX would never have been issued as a UK plate, wonder if it's N10 KKX with a judiciously placed white bolt? If so, beware even more, the traffic cops I know say they never bother pulling for spacing in the absence of other offences but try and make the numbers or letters read wrongly so that you can't make out what it is and they'll have you straight away!

I personally don't think they bother. I accidentilly drove about for a few hours with FUZZER on the number plates and i do remember passing bikes , panda and patrol cars allong the way ... and not a tweet .... :eek:

Aswall said:

You mean 'you're N1CK ED' :rolleyes:

fuzzer said:
I personally don't think they bother. I accidentilly drove about for a few hours with FUZZER on the number plates and i do remember passing bikes , panda and patrol cars allong the way ... and not a tweet .... :eek:

Depends what mood they're in and whether they have bigger fish to fry :rolleyes: but my two mates who are traffic cops say they will virtually always nick someone who has changed the letters/numbers e.g. a dot between two 1s to make it read H, but never bother with spacing as long as the characters are unchanged and font correct etc

I have often thought that if the DVLA paid me a % of the fine for all the "fiddled" plates I've seen - I'd be retired in the Bahamas by now!
Rgds
Les

fuzzer said:

Oh yes they do.
Like I said there are more and more of the number plate recognition cameras going up in all sorts of places and one of the machines being unable to read a plate can now be used in evidence.
Driving around with any sort of mis-spaced, italicised or creatively altered plate is becoming more and more a risky passtime.
I once pulled a bloke, in a Merc incidentaly, who blamed the DVLA for his mis-spaced reg. So I asked him if he got done for speeding was that the fault of Mercedes for selling him a car capable of exceeding the speed limit???? :eek:
Some of the alterations should now also fail an MOT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom