Just purchased W211 E320 CDI 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xpaced

Car
E240
Hi

I have just purchased the car above and am enjoying the experience. Engine lovely, acceleration nice but could be improved.

I have two issues I was hoping people could help with :-

1 - The heated seats - The light for both comes on briefly and then goes out. I think it may be a battery issue not supplying enough volts. Any other ideas and has anyone seen this problem before?

2 - A previous owner has connected three wires coming out of the glove box. I suspect they are wired into the stereo but nothing happens when I connect devices. Similar issue with the multi changer beneath the stereo - Does not seem to get any power to it and the cigarette lighter beneath also gets no power. (fuse maybe ???)

Thanks

Xpaced (New member)

Have the same model as yours, never had a problem with the heated seats , 3 levels , 3/2/1 bars are lit depending on which heat level you want. However if you forget to switch them off there is an auto cut off, not sure if this is time or temperature controlled, maybe your control is faulty.
Re the cd etc, suspect previous owner has botched / removed something , perhaps your heated seat control is also affected. Suggest you need an auto electrician?

my seats all work 321 bars , auto switching to 2 after 15 minutes or so . the fag lighter fuse is under the bonnet , seems you are guessing about where the 3 wires go to , so assume the help you receive will also be guesses. hth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom